The QUICK question thread.....

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Where can I easily buy the 50mm 3m rubber mastic tape from these days? Or has the world moved on since then, and there is better stuff. Is element14 the only option? Don't know I need anything else from them, and it's $15 post.

I don't want expensive custom cut frame protection kits. Just some rubber tape I can use for chainstays and down tubes across a number of different bikes.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Where can I easily buy the 50mm 3m rubber mastic tape from these days? Or has the world moved on since then, and there is better stuff. Is element14 the only option? Don't know I need anything else from them, and it's $15 post.

I don't want expensive custom cut frame protection kits. Just some rubber tape I can use for chainstays and down tubes across a number of different bikes.
MTB direct sell it but there are some products similar in electrical shops to water proof wiring.

https://www.mtbdirect.com.au/mtb-accessories/bike-protection

Litenbror

Eats Squid

@ozzybmx linked to some similar stuff from Bunnings a while ago but I can't think of the name of it.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
@ozzybmx linked to some similar stuff from Bunnings a while ago but I can't think of the name of it.
Self amalgamating tape :)

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Self amalgamating tape :)
Cheers.
Yeah that looks like a go for the next Bunnings run! Can probably layer side by side for larger areas.

Might be good for the covids too perhaps? Better than ivermectin?

Nitto tape said:
This insulating tape will cure into a single mass (once applied) to help seal and waterproof cable, wires or even pipes. The tape has good corona resisting properties and can be used on high voltage cables.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland

Do you mean 3m 2228..?

RS-online perhaps

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Why does DUB exist and why do I need a completely different tool to remove this bb? And does anyone in Canberra have this tool?