The QUICK question thread.....

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Looking at the Wolftooth B-Rad accessory strap/base, anyone using one or alternative versions ?

Thinking the med sized one will be enough for a multitool, C02 and plug kit wrapped up in a 29" tube.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Looking at the Wolftooth B-Rad accessory strap/base, anyone using one or alternative versions ?

Thinking the med sized one will be enough for a multitool, C02 and plug kit wrapped up in a 29" tube.

View attachment 382244
Bolts on yeah? I'm using a Lizard Skins strap to secure the 4 cell Gloworm battery, it has silicon gripper strips and doesn't move a millimeter

Not this one exactly, but you get the idea.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Bolts on yeah? I'm using a Lizard Skins strap to secure the 4 cell Gloworm battery, it has silicon gripper strips and doesn't move a millimeter

Not this one exactly, but you get the idea.

Yes bolts on.

I have a very similar Granite Rockband strap the same as yours that I have been using but it straps over the top of the tube.

Liking this mounting plate idea as the place that I strap it to on the bike, has 2 bolts specifically for a tool mounting plate.

j0w1s

Likes Dirt
Shitballs. The ETA for my TRP DHRs getting pushed back. Thanks Commencal.

This is the last component of my Evil Following build, so I need to look at other options.

Choices seem very limited at the moment. I have found either 4 pot XTs or MT5s. Can anyone compare these brakes for me?

Also happy for pointers to other brake sets that are in stock and not shit. Thanks.

Jpez

Down on the left!
So bought a new 2stroke line trimmer from Bunnings. New fuel and oil mix and it doesn’t want to start. I’m pretty clueless with motors so go easy.
Any tips or do I just take it back. I’ve followed the starting procedure to the letter which is pretty fool proof so thinking something is faulty or I’m missing something.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
So bought a new 2stroke line trimmer from Bunnings. New fuel and oil mix and it doesn’t want to start. I’m pretty clueless with motors so go easy.
Any tips or do I just take it back. I’ve followed the starting procedure to the letter which is pretty fool proof so thinking something is faulty or I’m missing something.
Does it run for a couple of seconds, or not firing at all?
Do you have a wife or girlfriend? If so, give them a go and it’ll work straight away!

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Shitballs. The ETA for my TRP DHRs getting pushed back. Thanks Commencal.

This is the last component of my Evil Following build, so I need to look at other options.

Choices seem very limited at the moment. I have found either 4 pot XTs or MT5s. Can anyone compare these brakes for me?

Also happy for pointers to other brake sets that are in stock and not shit. Thanks.
Cura 4 pots at ride sports at the moment. I have the 2 pots and really like them.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Does it run for a couple of seconds, or not firing at all?
Do you have a wife or girlfriend? If so, give them a go and it’ll work straight away!
Nope. Doesn’t even pretend to start. Like there’s no spark to fire but I don’t know how to test that.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Pull the lead off and check if you got spark as you try to start, might be a bit fiddly so might need an assistant.
But first two things I would check, is that being first fuel fill, it has been primed enough. Check the on/off switch hasn't been wired backwards.
If both those easy things don't work, then check spark and remove the plug to see if it is wet.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Keep on yanking, it'll start eventually. If you've flooded it while priming leaving it a few minutes can help.

Can also try without choke and give it a little throttle as you try to start.