The QUICK question thread.....

stirk

Burner
The baffle in my combustion heater has developed a hole and being the weekend with no metal shops open and in a pinch I've replaced it with a cast iron gas mate grill plate.

Should do the job right?

IMG_20180728_155103050-1336x1002.jpg

eastie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It will do for a bit if it is cast. Replace it though with a baffle plate sooner rather than later, otherwise the angle hanger may suffer.

stirk

Burner
It will do for a bit if it is cast. Replace it though with a baffle plate sooner rather than later, otherwise the angle hanger may suffer.
Cheers, It's cast and the baffle plate is just a flat piece of 2mm steel with rolled edges. I plan to get a local fab shop to make one next week, this is just an emergency measure for a few days.

safreek

Just saw these cranks, pretty slick looking.
Are they some special bottom bracket needed, do they need an axle type thing or just attach to an old style bb. Cheers

Jpez

Down on the left!
Threw some Ergon GA2 fat grips on. Awesome.
But the bar plugs keep popping out. I’m sure my pea sized brain is just not seeing the obvious. Manual says jamb em on in there and job done.
Anyone had the same issue?

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I'm looking for some inexpensive tyres to throw on a spare wheel set. Riding will mostly be freeride style hard pack with minor rocks. Is anyone using the Continental Vertical?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/au/en/continental-vertical-mtb-tyre/rp-prod18862
I ran these for ages. Not too heavy and they hold on great to hard pack and loose covered hard pack.

They lasted well for me too. They get a bit sketchy when they blunter which is half the fun. Woohoo....

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
1. Where are you guys buying your crack (Hope parts) from? CRC? bike-components and mtbdirect don't have the full set...

2. Can I use a shimano BB tool on a Hope bb, or do I need that $15 tool?

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
1. Where are you guys buying your crack (Hope parts) from? CRC? bike-components and mtbdirect don't have the full set...

2. Can I use a shimano BB tool on a Hope bb, or do I need that $15 tool?
Mountainbikesdirect and the lbs. My LBS had no drama’s ordering hope brakes for me even though they don’t have an account with the distro.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Try Merlin as well.

If it's a GXP/hollowtech 24mm spindle Hope BSA BB, the standard tool will be fine. I think the 30mm spindle versions need their own tool.
Cool - Merlin works out cheaper than CRC if I do it all in one hit. Yeah, 24mm GXP. Thanks!

Reactions: Zaf

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Mountainbikesdirect and the lbs. My LBS had no drama’s ordering hope brakes for me even though they don’t have an account with the distro.
mtbdirect don't have some of the parts, and bit more limited in colour options, but used them for a bunch of other orange stuff :)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
How wide are the Hope DH rims? And have they improved in quality since they were first introduced? I remember them having a cheese like reputation...