The QUICK question thread.....

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
How wide are the Hope DH rims? And have they improved in quality since they were first introduced? I remember them having a cheese like reputation...
Internal is 28mm, reviews seem good and currently $369 delivered for a pair from CRC.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
How wide are the Hope DH rims? And have they improved in quality since they were first introduced? I remember them having a cheese like reputation...
Pull the trigger Poodle! I've used them recently and given them a good beating being 100+ kgs. No problems with rim dings either.

And yes, 28mm.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Keeping in theme...

I haven't purchased new Sram for quite a few years now. I was a long term lover of their crisp shifting in the x0 and x9 range but the geoblock kicked me in the fuck that gland. Anyway I see I can buy 10 speed Sram gx. Has anyone used this stuff? Is it any good? Will I just be sad? My alternative plan is a mix of Saint shifter to zee derailleur, same as I currently run on my nomad. It's ok but my recently stolen x0 to x9 combination was so much nicer to use.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I thought newer model Shimano is closer to older scam stuff, albeit. Little less clunky.

Gx is meh imo, but then I prefer Shimano XT/XTR and saint to sram.

It’s like SLX level

wavike

Likes Dirt
I've had a 3x9 x7/x7, 3x9 x7/x9, 3x10 x9/x9, 1x11 X01 and second hand 1x9 with x5 shifter and x7 D. I've sram GX 2x10 on a gravel bike. The GX is the only one I've disliked and would swap to Shimano if renewing the drivetrain. Just doesn't seem to shift well, feels clunky and cheap, may be just an odd one. But wouldn't go near GX again and can't believe there is a level below it (NX)

Minlak

custom titis
So quick question do the armed forces take fat, aging, half blind people?
So seriously anyone have any experience in the intake process for the military?
Is it particularly gruelling?
Would love to know your perspective of it?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
So quick question do the armed forces take fat, aging, half blind people?
So seriously anyone have any experience in the intake process for the military?
Is it particularly gruelling?
Would love to know your perspective of it?
You trying to get me conscripted you bastard?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Thanks for the gx feedback gents.

@Minlak I know a guy that does military recruitment. From memory if they like you they'll work with you to get you into shape or something like that. I'll see him sometime soon and ask him. Catch is he will think I'm interested, which I'm not after my many years of referring to it as the killbot factory he will be over joyed.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
GX derailleur with an XO shifter is nice. The feels are the shifter.
Yeah that's how I've rolled. The mech gets busted a bit too easy compared to the shifter as well. My favourite set.up has long been the x0 shifter to x9 derailleur. Rocked it for a long long long long time. But...I think in this case the cash money is going to win out and I'll be rocking Saint shifter to zee mech.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
GX is essentially X7, and the X7 shifter feel was always pretty vague.
Thanks @Duckmeister. I'd have to agree, the x9 was not much either. could we forget the x5???? I haven't used anything other than x0 from Sram for a very long time. Anyway I rode a bike with gx shifter-mech on the weekend. The shifting worked but it wasn't sensational. In modern terms it felt similar to zee shifting.

Shredden

Knows his goats
What happened to the "Mini DH" bikes of the early 2010s??

I had a 2011 Commencal Supreme 6 and it was wicked fun. What's the modern equivalent? A Canyon with a 64 tooth rear cassette and 3.5 tires? Any better ideas?

edit - see also: SX Trail, Voltage FR

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
What happened to the "Mini DH" bikes of the early 2010s??

I had a 2011 Commencal Supreme 6 and it was wicked fun. What's the modern equivalent? A Canyon with a 64 tooth rear cassette and 3.5 tires? Any better ideas?

edit - see also: SX Trail, Voltage FR
Wait for my next build...

I'm experiencing similar stuff. Everything is kitted out with parts I have no interest in using, such as the 31 inch Cassette extender. Find a frame option and build it.

Shredden

Knows his goats
Wait for my next build...

I'm experiencing similar stuff. Everything is kitted out with parts I have no interest in using, such as the 31 inch Cassette extender. Find a frame option and build it.
I kinda want to build another one. I've got a full M820 Saint build kit and some Renthal bits and pieces on my Pivot (which has a frame that's gonna last who knows how long). I'd like to give a 160/180mm travel bike with single crown forks a go. But keep the close ratio cassette and maybe not even a dropper post.