The QUICK question thread.....

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My bike work stand finally died today. Clamping mechanism for holding seat post spat it. Got 12 years out of it; a cheapie from Torpedo 7.

What's the best thing going that's not an expensive Park work stand?

creaky

XMAS Plumper
My bike work stand finally died today. Clamping mechanism for holding seat post spat it. Got 12 years out of it; a cheapie from Torpedo 7.

What's the best thing going that's not an expensive Park work stand?
Feedback are nice.
The quick clamp and release systems, irrespective of brand, are a nicety that’s nice.
Nice.

indica

Serial flasher
Quick Question - 9 hour transit through Changi at night.
$350 hotel worth it or is there a betterer option?

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Ambassador Transit Hotel? Never stayed there but have stayed at the Crowne Plaza. If you need to sleep then the hotel may be worth it for a 9 hour stopover. If you don't need to sleep then you can easily keep yourself occupied in Changi Airport for the 7-8 hours that you might be there (and not waiting for boarding).

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Done the three basic options:
Stayed at the airport and snoozed in the business lounge for a couple of hours - 3/10
Airport hotel - 8/10
Headed into Singapore and played up - can't remember anything so probably 9/10

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Taxis are cheap. You will get cheaper/better hotel for the same price. But obviously lose some sleep time.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I wouldn't book any rooms that charge by the hour.

Friend of mine's dad was in Singapore for a conference. There as a lady haggling over the price of an hour at the desk as he went in. His door didn't lock properly and he ended up having to take his suitcase with him every day.
The No Tell Motel charges by the hour. Satisfaction guaranteed!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Shimano XD 7 speed cassette removal...it's not in front of me and I have never played with one. Friend wants me to help him swap wheels over and this is part of it. Apparently it's stuck on real good. Do I need any specific tools? I've got the usual Shimano HG cassette removal tool.