The QUICK question thread.....

moorey

call me Mia
Is there a good step by step for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Clean wipers.
Insert zippy tie down between wiper and stanchion. Pull up to full travel.

If not this, may be just due a lower leg service or a damper service.

Maybe.

There are YouTubes on the above somewhere.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Clean wipers.
Insert zippy tie down between wiper and stanchion. Pull up to full travel.

If not this, may be just due a lower leg service or a damper service.

Maybe.

There are YouTubes on the above somewhere.
Pretty sure that if your air spring seals are in good condition then the diagnosis is a pos/neg chamber equalisation port on the air spring shaft blocked with a bit of grease. I had this after a service on my Revs but fixed with a bit less liberal grease application.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
My SIDs do that when the spring PSI is too low. Totally different application and stupidly low spring pressure for my situation though.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Another one, for 55kg rider who’s not gonna be doing crazy DH for a while yet.

Sram Guide RSC or Code R?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Why is avid the only option?
It’s the options I have available right now without buying something new.

About to sell off my old stumpy with guide RSC that are brand new (warranty replacement for sticky lever issue)
Wife’s bike came with Code R.
I had a little reccy ride on it and kept locking the rear. Thinking I could adjust it and realized no such joy on the codes. RSC has contact point, lever etc adjustments and is really good with modulation.
Might just leave the codes on a wait for future upgrades to hope or similar. She’s already eyeing off coloured parts ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
It’s the options I have available right now without buying something new.

About to sell off my old stumpy with guide RSC that are brand new (warranty replacement for sticky lever issue)
Wife’s bike came with Code R.
I had a little reccy ride on it and kept locking the rear. Thinking I could adjust it and realized no such joy on the codes. RSC has contact point, lever etc adjustments and is really good with modulation.
Might just leave the codes on a wait for future upgrades to hope or similar. She’s already eyeing off coloured parts ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The early Guides had a locking up issue. They came on a S/H bike I bought for Felix. The second sun hit them, the fluid expanded and the locked up. Was a well known issue, so LBS got them warrantied free.

slowmick

38-39"
The free hub on my hope pro2 ev hub is a bit "sticky". it still freewheels when riding but when i stop spinning pedals on the stand the rear wheel drives the cranks around. What do i need to do or what terms should i google for help.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I've had similar issues with other brands of hub. It can sometimes be resolved by removing the everything and cleaning out the insides of the engagement area.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
The free hub on my hope pro2 ev hub is a bit "sticky". it still freewheels when riding but when i stop spinning pedals on the stand the rear wheel drives the cranks around. What do i need to do or what terms should i google for help.
That sounds like a blown bearing. Pull off the freehub clean everything and check the bearings. If they are oem or a bit rough/wobbly replace them.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk