The QUICK question thread.....

moorey

call me Mia
Do pretty much all DH bikes these days just run a crown race adapter? Both Felix’s and mine have 56mm bottom cup and bearings for tapered fork, even though almost all DH forks are straight steerer.
1 1/8 lower didn’t even seem to be an option for this sized lower cup.
Seems kinda silly...but assume that’s what all the cool kids do?

moorey

call me Mia
The free hub on my hope pro2 ev hub is a bit "sticky". it still freewheels when riding but when i stop spinning pedals on the stand the rear wheel drives the cranks around. What do i need to do or what terms should i google for help.

Didn’t forget the 2mm spacer that sits between the freehub and bearing?
Or...is it the wrong endcap? There’s a slight difference between the ones for shimano and XD freehub adapters. Occasionally, I’ve had one cause the freehub to inexplicably bind.
I’ve also had one other bizarre issue I discussed on here. I’ll go fine the thread.

Edit. Was a pro4....but just a weird quirk with one frame/hub combo.
https://www.rotorburn.com/forums/index.php?threads/weird-hope-pro4-quirk.313202/

slowmick

38-39"
Cheers team - i know have a starting point. time to bring in the wheel from the garage and make a mess in the warmth. see you in the confessions thread.

moorey

call me Mia
Do pretty much all DH bikes these days just run a crown race adapter? Both Felix’s and mine have 56mm bottom cup and bearings for tapered fork, even though almost all DH forks are straight steerer.
1 1/8 lower didn’t even seem to be an option for this sized lower cup.
Seems kinda silly...but assume that’s what all the cool kids do?

safreek

Hi guys, can anyone confirm these are definitely for a 1.5 steerer, need to order some on the urgent. Totally forgot about spacers
Screenshot_2019-08-28-18-12-05-24.png