The QUICK question thread.....

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Still don't have benders of that diameter though

I managed to bend them, my steel pipe ended up bending before it was done though, and that was with applying heat!

I split a piece of steel tube and hammered it home inside the steerer too just in case the aluminium is too soft. Not convinced I could bend it with my riding forces anyway, but there's no way it will now.

Pretty happy with how it turned out, not quite 100% perfect but close enough that I don't think I could find the bend even though I know it's there.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
FUCKING TRADIES FOR THE WIN!!!!.......good work
I would love to see any of those annoying office monkey's on here pull something like that off!

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
That's a snug fit. What are the chances of corrosion kicking off in between the steel and the aluminium if moisture gets trapped in there?
Yeah, snugs the word, I thought it wasn't going to get in there for a bit. Probably will rust a little eventually, it's gal though, and greased up so probably won't do it straight away.

Even if it does rust a little, unlikely it'll effect anything I'd think? I jammed it in there figuring it'd never come out

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Quickie...

Anyone have or is there a know issue with having dropper posts in the down position for a few days... might be more specific in 4 x reverbs.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Quickie...

Anyone have or is there a know issue with having dropper posts in the down position for a few days... might be more specific in 4 x reverbs.
Cant see a problem so long as they aren’t hung/pulled while down.
Don’t most posts come in factory packaging in the down position anyway?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Cant see a problem so long as they aren’t hung/pulled while down.
Don’t most posts come in factory packaging in the down position anyway?
Reverbs come zoomed out, not sure about others.

I might put a short strap on each bike to hold the saddles down so they can't be pulled up.

Cheers

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
What's up with my Custom User Text? Who's Sarah?
Should be the name of every cyclone ever. In my experience they are unpredictable soul destroyers...they suck you right in with their sweet side then emotionally reem you randomly every couple of months. Steer clear of the storm!

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Should be the name of every cyclone ever. In my experience they are unpredictable soul destroyers...they suck you right in with their sweet side then emotionally reem you randomly every couple of months. Steer clear of the storm!
I was (not) briefly (enough) in a relationship with a Sarah. You fucken nailed it.

safreek

Hey guys, I had been led to believe that this little plastic thing is meant to loosen and tighten the screw in bit on my slx cranks, it does not fit, had to stick a knife in it to unscrew.
They are going on the yeti so just need to know it's porpoise, is it necessary, do I tighten it before the crank arm or after I am guessing before the Allen bolts. Cheers for any help