The QUICK question thread.....

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Need to put on a new chain without having an old one for length reference. Surprisingly I've never had to do this for a duelie before...
I'm assuming I need to take all the air out of the shock when doing the measurement?

moorey

call me Mia
There are a a gazzilion o-ring sizes across the various standards, metric, imperial, aeronautical, etc, etc.

Enjoy the look on the salesman’s face when you ask for a normal O-Ring.
I’ll just show him a picture of what Daniel sent, and telling me for a dickhead mate who couldn’t tell me any more, All while rolling my eyes.

moorey

call me Mia
Done and done.
The old fella in the hydro shop was the father of mates I haven’t seen since their music career took off and they moved OS 20 years ago.
Was happy to hunt through dozens of boxes off odd sizes.

safreek

Quick question, do tradies throw cans at these cyclists ? seems she held the fella up for 2 hours. Pretty fucken rude of her in my opinion. Should she be in the cycling lane? Sorry that was 2 questions

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Is yes the correct answer?
It would be dangerous to overtake.
A cute blonde was out jogging this morning in The Rocks. She overtook us because Muttley was trotting slowly. When he saw her, he matched her pace and ran beside her for 100 metres til she peeled off up a side street. I had no complaint.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It would be dangerous to overtake.
A cute blonde was out jogging this morning in The Rocks. She overtook us because Muttley was trotting slowly. When he saw her, he matched her pace and ran beside her for 100 metres til she peeled off up a side street. I had no complaint.
I'll bet she did! Straight up the side street to the police station to complain about a creepy man with a dog chasing her...

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
A guy I worked with had a low speed head on in a carpark because he was perving on a lovely young lady walking nearby. He used the 'sun in my eyes' defence until the other driver said the sun was in my eyes too and suddenly changed his story to 'was checking his mirror and the sun reflected into my eyes temporarily blinding me'...

She was worth it, apparently.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
I'm having real trouble getting my front brake (metallic pad) to bed in, just seems to glaze.

203 rotor with XT brakes, tried sanding the rotor, boiling them all in detergent, brake cleaner, 3 different sets of pads (from well used to brand new) - all seem to appear to bed in fine at the start (sprint, grab handful of brake, repeat a few times), but by the end of a ride its howling and horrible. pretty sure its not contamination, I've checked all hoses and caliper, and cleaned up with brake cleaner..

Starting to think Im just too heavy and should try a 4 pot caliper, or new bike time? or could it be a bad bleed and theres not enough force to bite properly when I'm bedding in?

any thoughts?