The QUICK question thread.....

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Poodle, or anyone else in the know, how risky is it letting a kid travel to Japan with regards to food safety after Fukushima. So much miss information out there. One saving grace, kid is a vegetarian so won’t be consuming fish.

scblack

Leucocholic
Poodle, or anyone else in the know, how risky is it letting a kid travel to Japan with regards to food safety after Fukushima. So much miss information out there. One saving grace, kid is a vegetarian so won’t be consuming fish.
My eldest child is going to Japan in May with school Japanese class. Nothing has been mentioned in any planning meeting for the trip. To be honest, I hadn't even thought about it anyway, I have no issue.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
@link1896 don't fear the reaper. I mean I wouldn't eat any of the wild harvest pork from Fukushima, but you'll struggle to come across food from that area. Also as far as I have seen most seafood now comes from the west coast and accompanied by a "from sea of Japan" type noyice. I think the Fukushima and east coast fleet were wiped out. The foreigners I know who live here say food is safe, it's farmed a long way from ground zero, and Fukushima is a bit over stated. I've been through there and didn't gain any additional baldness, though I do have a funny patch of skin showing through my back hair...

The smart traveller gov site still has the heavy handed intel though, and they are the professional body so I defer to them. I'm just a visitor full of my own ideas.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Does that black ring underneath the handle have any notches in it? I had a set like that where that black ring was a threaded insert that held the handle on from underneath. Needed a sort of forked tool with right angle tips to undo, PITA for sure. (I only bought the set to get some weird size valve extension I couldn't find anywhere else and din't have time/materials to make...)

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
I was going to say a small bearing puller would do it, but you can't get it onto the centre of the shaft.

Maybe one of the propellers was acting as a grub screw?

Small angle grinder or hack saw along the hub...?...but obviously destructive - not sure if you're keeping them?

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
...and check for a circlip at the back too...?

No circlip...
I was going to say a small bearing puller would do it, but you can't get it onto the centre of the shaft.

Maybe one of the propellers was acting as a grub screw?

Small angle grinder or hack saw along the hub...?...but obviously destructive - not sure if you're keeping them?

Props all off and no dice...
Does that black ring underneath the handle have any notches in it? I had a set like that where that black ring was a threaded insert that held the handle on from underneath. Needed a sort of forked tool with right angle tips to undo, PITA for sure. (I only bought the set to get some weird size valve extension I couldn't find anywhere else and din't have time/materials to make...)
Bingo! Two notches.

Angle grinder ftw!

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Can someone link me to replacement pf92 bearings?

Or should just spend a bit on a Wheels Mfg threaded BB and be done with it?

My inspection found a notchy bearing, but before that it was running silently.

Reactions: Zaf

Minlak

custom titis

If I was replacing PF anyway I would definitely go the threaded BB but that’s just every PF I ever had squeaked eventually. Fitted the threaded BB option no more dramas ever.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes

The Hope threaded bb is the better setup. I've got the Hope tool you can borrow.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
The Hope threaded bb is the better setup. I've got the Hope tool you can borrow.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
I'll keep that in mind. What sways you towards Hope?

Is the tool 100% needed or will a Park Tool get it done? I have access to a full workshop of Park Tools if I speak nicely to the right person