The QUICK question thread.....

safreek

OK, off to the aquarium shop for tubing, basic top up didn't work. Still many pumps to build pressure. Guess a bleed is on order

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
OK, off to the aquarium shop for tubing, basic top up didn't work. Still many pumps to build pressure. Guess a bleed is on order

Sounds like a shifty vendor.

Pharmacy for syringe. Hardware store for ring spanner. Supermarket for adsorbent paper towel.

safreek

Sounds like a shifty vendor.

Pharmacy for syringe. Hardware store for ring spanner. Supermarket for adsorbent paper towel.
Bloody dodgy for sure :D Nar not really, bike was a bargain. Going to do the gravity bleed you mentioned. Went to one chemist and asked if they had a 20 miller or similar. Got a look worse than when buying baby oil and a chocolate bar as the only 2 items for a shop.
One wonders if the reverb syringe would work,

safreek

Definitely do not do that. You'll fuck everything up.

I buy the syringes in bulk when I buy. Get the biggest they have. They also make good "grease guns" for spurting it on.
Friggen 10 dollars for a spanner, off to do the reverse bleed, right now

safreek

You've got this! But just in case set the gopro up.
You would of been disappointed if you were looking for a laff, it went without a hitch. I don't think old mate accounted for the bends in the hose, one of the bends went high, then low, allowing for trapped bubbles I think.
I took the caliper off to ensure a straight line and got my partner to hold it with the port at the top. Soon as I cracked the port bubbles started and continued for quite a while, told partner to tell me when bubbles stopped and gave it a couple more pumps and a refill.
I feel I was very successful at my first attempt but wish I had not been to lazy to take the pads out, I now have a squeaky brake, probs from contaminated pads. Don't get me wrong, I am happy with it being noisy now, but for how long.
Long story short, it works. #thumbs up

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Long story short, tubeless tape developed a leak and I had a pressure leak from spoke holes.
Going to redo my tape but before that, I suspect I have dried sealant inside my rim.

Thoughts on ways to remove/flush it out?

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Hose it out, go around each of the spoke head holes in the inner rim. Aside from that, you’re kinda stuck with it?

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
haha yeah seems like it, maybe pour some isopropyl alcohol in beforehand to soften it up?
I've got an air compressor that might help but I guess I won't be able to get it back to schmick

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Gave it a good pressure wash and dry, then thorough clean finishing with isopropyl alcohol so surface was all schmick.

Put some Stans 30mm (E1700 30mm rims) tape on for 2 laps whilst pulling moderately hard on the tape when laying it on. Looked like a good job though maybe I should've run my fingers in the middle of the rim during the lay so the tape sits flush against the well. Most of the tape is horizontal.

Pumped it up and got air leaking out of spokes again. Tried a different valve and same deal.

I figure if I add sealant then it will all fix itself up but ideally there should be zero leaks from the spokes when there's no sealant?

My prior wheelset (Spank OOZY 295) were taped the same way with no issues.
Maybe I need to retape the wheel and make sure the tape sits flush against the centre of the rim?

Minlak

custom titis
Gave it a good pressure wash and dry, then thorough clean finishing with isopropyl alcohol so surface was all schmick.

Put some Stans 30mm (E1700 30mm rims) tape on for 2 laps whilst pulling moderately hard on the tape when laying it on. Looked like a good job though maybe I should've run my fingers in the middle of the rim during the lay so the tape sits flush against the well. Most of the tape is horizontal.

Pumped it up and got air leaking out of spokes again. Tried a different valve and same deal.

I figure if I add sealant then it will all fix itself up but ideally there should be zero leaks from the spokes when there's no sealant?

My prior wheelset (Spank OOZY 295) were taped the same way with no issues.
Maybe I need to retape the wheel and make sure the tape sits flush against the centre of the rim?
Stop using stans tape for a start .... it’s expensinve and does a shit job unless put on exactly right. Use gorilla tape or bear outdoor tape and make sure you pull it tight as you put it on. This will draw it down into the flat of the rim.

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Stop using stans tape for a start .... it’s expensinve and does a shit job unless put on exactly right. Use gorilla tape or bear outdoor tape and make sure you pull it tight as you put it on. This will draw it down into the flat of the rim.
Noted! .. Cheers