The QUICK question thread.....

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I found the Spank/Fratelli tape to be very low tack, and it tended to unstick itself. Last pair of rims I did I just used some random 3M waterproof tape. It was a lot easier to apply and is holding up great.

This tent is very old but its an awesome tent, I've contacted Macpac for a replacement fly coz they still make the tent all these years later but no response.

Maybe a temp fix will work for a couple of nites.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
So this Green valley /Greenvalley place - can I get a decent ride in on a hardtail there? Looks very "big jumps n drops" from the videos on yt.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
This tent is very old but its an awesome tent, I've contacted Macpac for a replacement fly coz they still make the tent all these years later but no response.

Maybe a temp fix will work for a couple of nites.
What you need to do in 2019 is the following:

1. Start browsing Mapac on the web with facebook browser wide open. In fact actualyl serach macpad tents on facebook.
  2. Now also use the same approach to keywords like 'sustainability' ' product reuse' 'life time warranty' etc.
  3. This is the magic Facebook will figure out you want to buy a new sustaianbl etent from macpac and start targeting some ads for you.
  4. Find an ad that suits and post in the comments about you needing a replacement fly and how it's wasteful to bin old but still good products because of one little part.
  5. Generally they respond pretty quickly.

Also works wonders with utilities like telstra.

@Freediver not canvas, is ripstop, tent is all good just the fly that is cactus

@Calvin27 I'll give it a whirl I guess. Tent is a wee ripper bro that I want to keep so worth a shot. Gotta say I'm disappointed I never got a response from a company like Macpac.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
big bike out of action right now... only got the HT on hand and we're staying near this place on the w/e....
I mean that in the hype generation...you wouldn't be publishing anything that wasn't lit. The place is gravity oriented, is your hardtail?