The QUICK question thread.....

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Brothers in the USA on holidays, any reason why/why not to buy bike bits to send back if the pricing/exchange works? Will I get slugged import tax if it's repackaged with no receipts?

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Thinking of building a dirt jumper over the winter.
CRC has 26" straight steerer 100mm Manitou Circus Experts for $210 delivered (about $200 more for tapered version).

Noticed that Norco (and maybe others) make DJ frames with straight steerer headtubes.

Unsure which DJ frame I will go with but like the idea of keeping my options open with a straight steerer fork.

Is it as simple as just running an adaptor headset in a tapered head tube?
Other than the stiffness claims ... is there any downside to this setup or anything else I've overlooked?

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
CRC has 26" straight steerer 100mm Manitou Circus Experts for $210 delivered (about $200 more for tapered version).

Noticed that Norco (and maybe others) make DJ frames with straight steerer headtubes.

Unsure which DJ frame I will go with but like the idea of keeping my options open with a straight steerer fork.

Other than the stiffness claims ... is there any downside to this setup or anything else I've overlooked?
Yes.

moorey

call me Mia

Just a crown race adapter.
Like this. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com.au/ulk/itm/282033261902

Works a treat.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Brothers in the USA on holidays, any reason why/why not to buy bike bits to send back if the pricing/exchange works? Will I get slugged import tax if it's repackaged with no receipts?
Just put 'repaired goods' on the customs declaration? See item 18 here.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Perfect, thanks fellas

Haha well currently working on a mate's 2002 Norco One25 ... but came across the Dartmoor Two6Player which looks schmick so just sussing out costs.
Is this where you came across it? If not, jump on... Good service from Casey. I've picked up both my frames from him in the past.

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You betcha! Although the forks have now sold out on CRC :(
Are you 100% committed to pure dj? Or are you open to a old school freeride style (remember the days when Norco ruled with stomping hard tails?)? This would open up the fork options for you a bit.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Forks will come back into stock. Pure dj is were its at for dirt jumps.

Dartmoor has some nice looking completes!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Forks will come back into stock. Pure dj is were its at for dirt jumps.

Dartmoor has some nice looking completes!
No doubt, serious dj action on 160mm freeride of doom bikes is hard work. But what if he wants to huck a 30 foot drop into a canyon?

Comes with a free maths lesson!

From when tyres were fat, but not all hardtail action: