The QUICK question thread.....

slowmick

38-39"
I have a Maxxis Ikon on the back of my hardtail I need to replace as i punched a hole through the tread (through a lug even). Looking at an Aggressor. Would double down be worth the extra $23 for puncture protection from rocks?

moorey

call me Mia
The aggressor will already be a stronger tyre...do you regularly have issues with puncturing the icon? If no, I wouldn’t bother. The $23 is irrelevant if you don’t need the extra weight. My2c.

slowmick

38-39"
I've have never punctured a tyre through the tread but i am usually on a dual suspension which makes up for my hack ways. I've had 2 flats in as as many weeks on the icon. The second puncture put a slit in the side wall and buckled the bead. The tyre is shagged.

Stringybark

Likes Bikes
I've have never punctured a tyre through the tread but i am usually on a dual suspension which makes up for my hack ways. I've had 2 flats in as as many weeks on the icon. The second puncture put a slit in the side wall and buckled the bead. The tyre is shagged.
I have one of each on the rear of different bikes....The DD was bugger all extra (on special at the time)
I'm very happy with them, from memory I think the DD was an extra 150grams ?
I personally would not go the extra $ or grams.....the std one is beefy & heavy enough for me (but I'm an OLD dude)

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Was there a burner, no pun intended, that owns/managed a residential heating retail business? I recall someone had photos of a showroom.

stirk

Burner
Was there a burner, no pun intended, that owns/managed a residential heating retail business? I recall someone had photos of a showroom.
Lost heating in the middle of a cold front?

Meanwhile in the blue mountains it's balmy in the sunshine, global warming is snow one day and sun baking the next!

Wood combustion fire is what you need.

safreek

Lost heating in the middle of a cold front?

Meanwhile in the blue mountains it's balmy in the sunshine, global warming is snow one day and sun baking the next!

Wood combustion fire is what you need.
I must say, global warming is pretty cool

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
If someone (pro rider) is selling a 1 year old but previous gen complete bike in high spec for 5k what would be a decent offer for just the build kit. (Seller is asking for offer & happy to split)

Santa Cruz Bronson V2 2018

Specs:
  • Santa Cruz Reserve Wheels 27.5 30mm wide.
  • DT swiss 350 hubs
  • FOX X2 float shock 2019
  • FOX 36 forks 160mm with GRIP2 dampener.
  • FOX reserve dropper post
  • SDG saddle
  • XTR 11 speed drive train
  • XTR cranks 175mm
  • XTR brake levers with Saint Calipers
  • 180mm shimano rotors
  • deity bar 780mm
  • deity stem
  • ODI grips
  • MAXXIS Assegai tyres, DD 27.5x2.5 (tubeless)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
If someone (pro rider) is selling a 1 year old but previous gen complete bike in high spec for 5k what would be a decent offer for just the build kit. (Seller is asking for offer & happy to split)

Santa Cruz Bronson V2 2018

Specs:
  • Santa Cruz Reserve Wheels 27.5 30mm wide.
  • DT swiss 350 hubs
  • FOX X2 float shock 2019
  • FOX 36 forks 160mm with GRIP2 dampener.
  • FOX reserve dropper post
  • SDG saddle
  • XTR 11 speed drive train
  • XTR cranks 175mm
  • XTR brake levers with Saint Calipers
  • 180mm shimano rotors
  • deity bar 780mm
  • deity stem
  • ODI grips
  • MAXXIS Assegai tyres, DD 27.5x2.5 (tubeless)

That would be pushing $3.5k if its all in good nick.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
That would be pushing $3.5k if its all in good nick.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Damn I lowballed then like a chump.
It’s funny how a new bike build the frame is the biggest chunk, in the second hand market the components don’t devalue as quick. Mind you those reserve wheels are mucho $$$$