The QUICK question thread.....

Litenbror

Eats Squid
No, but then that is one of the issues!

I was waiting for a taxi in Bsb city once when a savage storm hit. Poor lady in a Velocter thing at the lights got hammered. Whole roof exploded all over her.
We just got smashed here in Canberra saw a whole carpark, probably 100 or so cars, get destroyed. All panels and most had the windscreen or rear window smashed depending on how they parked.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
We just got smashed here in Canberra saw a whole carpark, probably 100 or so cars, get destroyed. All panels and most had the windscreen or rear window smashed depending on how they parked.
I just saw it on the news. It's heading for us now. Thanks for the warning, ACT.;)

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Sisters, not mine. Someone gets to part out a low
Km Mustang.

It’s a lofty 3 star safety rating for the updated 2019 mustang
Nowhere near written off. Both the Mrs and my cars were hammer last year. She lost front and rear screen and the dings were that bad it broke the paint in lots of places.

My 6 month old UTE was $12k and her 18month old Kia was $15k to fix. Neither written off.

Paintless dent repair will have that Mustang fixed in a couple of days.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Bro in law is a trained paintless dent repairer, he said no way. Something odd about mustang sheet metal? Apart from the obvious

Flow-Rider

Burner
GTS bonnet and boot were aluminium and pdr fixed those. Could be made from aluminum though from the us of a.
I know large dents are harder to fix because if they need to shrink back the aluminium after they've been popped it's near impossible without causing other issues. I have seen a Land Rover been done at one of the shops I worked at, they ended up bogging a lot of the dents. Maybe they have better techniques these days but this was about 20 years ago.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
The assessor thought the same, some dings were about 40-50mm but the beater of panels and pdr guy said nothing to lose and it all came out. Depends on lots of things I guess, easy access helped. They were more concerned about the roof corner but tbose were good too. Car was only three weeks old so that will ha e a bearing as well.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Do Sram eagle derailleur have a weird angle to them like they have been bent inwards towards the wheel? Not strait up and down like a shimano?
Trying to work out if we have damaged one after one ride or its normal. Cant find any photos online that show from the correct angle.
Pretty much every SRAM derailleur I've ever met through work - all models & generations, road and dirt - has some degree of twist to it. Not sure if it's a design feature or shit manufacturing, but either way it is apparently "normal" in the context of SRAM.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Pretty much every SRAM derailleur I've ever met through work - all models & generations, road and dirt - has some degree of twist to it. Not sure if it's a design feature or shit manufacturing, but either way it is apparently "normal" in the context of SRAM.
Thanks Duckmeister, It seems to be working perfectly fine. But if it was a shimano I would say its been bent to hell inwards.
If anyone can take photo of an NX eagle directly from behind in about the 3rd cog down it would be appreciated.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Chainline from rear to front can give the optical illusion of a wonky derailleur in the extreme gears, so double check by sighting derailleur & cassette from above. "Normal" SRAM derailleur geometry has a very clear outward angle when viewed from both behind and above, on both vertical and longitudinal axes, on the high gears (small sprockets), neutralising & then twisting the other way as it shifts inward.

Due to the tight spacing of 12-sp, Eagle is very sensitive to tuning, so any tiny misalignment will make itself known with rough running & poor shifting. If it's not rattling when holding any given gear, and shifting smoothly both ways, it's most likely fine (apart fom being SRAM....).

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
i have a 40mm seat tube mounted chain guide, my old steel cross bike is 30mm tube, anyone have a good suggestion for a shim to get said guide to work, i started wrapping electrical tape, but it would appear i would use half a roll, & looked shite
so need to be a good 4-5m thick

Litenbror

Eats Squid
i have a 40mm seat tube mounted chain guide, my old steel cross bike is 30mm tube, anyone have a good suggestion for a shim to get said guide to work, i started wrapping electrical tape, but it would appear i would use half a roll, & looked shite
so need to be a good 4-5m thick
Maybe an old inner tube? Probably look similar to the tape but should take less time.

Daniel Hale

Weird, standard tube sizes are 28.6, 31.8 & 34.9mm.
it’s a weird frame, tube actual diam appears to be 29.6, never was in production, produced for some team guys riding cross in the late 90;s

i also have no idea what the chain guide has 40mm diam, got it off a friend of a friend ages ago, didn’t;t fit anything -i presume it is missing a rubber insert

Daniel Hale

yep i might cut up an old tube

i did look at getting a bb mounted unit off ebay, but has a 40t maximum, i have a 42t on so i don’t want to risk it being too tight on the chain

Last edited: