The QUICK question thread.....

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Can you buy a 15x1.0 helicoil kit?
If you think I didn't strip the bush in my bronson chainstay you'd be wrong.
Fuckwit
A 10 minute search on eBay looking at thread repair kits world wide suggests no one uses m15x1.0, everyone uses m15x1.5 for “fine”

Post up a picture of the damaged part and the connecting part. More then one way to get the brides nighty off.

Scotty675

Cable thief
A 10 minute search on eBay looking at thread repair kits world wide suggests no one uses m15x1.0, everyone uses m15x1.5 for “fine”

Post up a picture of the damaged part and the connecting part. More then one way to get the brides nighty off.
Pics of damage but hard to get photo on the phone. I have tried nuts and bolts (my go to shop), the look on his face wasn't promising. He said straight away it's off a bike isn't it.

tobbogonist

a registered member
Has anyone recently posted a set of forks through aus post and have a rough figure on cost? I did that thing where I googled too much and wound up wasting half an hour reading about the history of stamps
I can find out tomorrow easy enough but that requires waiting.
Thankyou :)

Flow-Rider

Burner

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Has anyone recently posted a set of forks through aus post and have a rough figure on cost? I did that thing where I googled too much and wound up wasting half an hour reading about the history of stamps
I can find out tomorrow easy enough but that requires waiting.
Thankyou :)
Sent some forks with a bunch of other stuff to Vic and was $28.
Ditch the box and wrap it all in bubble wrap that way the have to go on weight not volume and makes it much cheaper.

tobbogonist

a registered member
Thanks mate thats perfect.
I need to work on my finding out stuff on the internet skills.
Ive got access to unlimited bubble wrap through work.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Sent some forks with a bunch of other stuff to Vic and was $28.
Ditch the box and wrap it all in bubble wrap that way the have to go on weight not volume and makes it much cheaper.
I found this out recently. Had to post a wheel set. I made a box, and knocked in the corners. Taped it tightly so it bulged in the middle. Intention was only to give them more protection.
Went on the Auspost quote jigger and got $55. Took it to the PO and they asked for about $28. Ended up sending it express for about $35. Buyer didn't care = profit!

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
I found this out recently. Had to post a wheel set. I made a box, and knocked in the corners. Taped it tightly so it bulged in the middle. Intention was only to give them more protection.
Went on the Auspost quote jigger and got $55. Took it to the PO and they asked for about $28. Ended up sending it express for about $35. Buyer didn't care = profit!
That's the difference between cubing & just weighing. Always, always, always make the box an irregular shape!

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
2018 Revelation 35mm chassis with updated DebonAir spring & Charger 2 RCT3 damper - Still quite harsh, consistent with reports of other people with same setup (oil flow issues?). Quick question is: Push HC97 upgrade, or sell & buy Pike Ultimate?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
2018 Revelation 35mm chassis with updated DebonAir spring & Charger 2 RCT3 damper - Still quite harsh, consistent with reports of other people with same setup (oil flow issues?). Quick question is: Push HC97 upgrade, or sell & buy Pike Ultimate?
You're missing the obvious answer here. Sorry to sound condescending but...it's clearly new bike time. Of you change forms you'll just find another problems. Then another and another...

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was about to do this to my revs.. Love to know who else has done it?

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
I need that bit:

Y8V398010 Bleed Screw (M5 x 4.7) & O-Ring

Anyone had to order that little screw before?

Mine's not missing, just mangled.

Last edited: