The QUICK question thread.....

tobbogonist

a registered member
The whole thing will come good with a service. Likely oil exists where it shouldn't be, blown seals & all.

You'll likely need a kit like this:

https://www.pushys.com.au/rockshox-reba-sid-fork-service-kit.html

Super easy to service those things. Where are you located? Happy to help.
Thanks heaps. I'm in Wangaratta, I'm pretty sure I can figure it out once I have the kit. I usually just fumble my way through fixing something then promptly forget how I did it.

D01

Likes Dirt
Thanks, that's what I thought.

Part #2 is hard plastic, and even tough I'm tightening #3 pretty hard it's not deforming to sit flush on the rim. All the other valves I've used have had an oring or soft rubber washer in #2 spot, if I tighten it further I was worried about it damaging the rim. And it'll mean I'll have to take a pair of pliers if I even need to take it out to put a tube in.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
They taper is where the seal against the rim. You don't need to tighten them up enough that the hard plastic deforms to the rim. Finger tight should be enough.

moorey

call me Mia
They taper is where the seal against the rim. You don't need to tighten them up enough that the hard plastic deforms to the rim. Finger tight should be enough.
Sometimes I’ve needed to pull it in harder then fingertight to get it to seal fully, but no, there’s no need to tighten the bejeezus out of it.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Thanks, that's what I thought.

Part #2 is hard plastic, and even tough I'm tightening #3 pretty hard it's not deforming to sit flush on the rim. All the other valves I've used have had an oring or soft rubber washer in #2 spot, if I tighten it further I was worried about it damaging the rim. And it'll mean I'll have to take a pair of pliers if I even need to take it out to put a tube in.
Just throw it over your shoulder and replace it with an O-ring if you don't like it.

tobbogonist

a registered member
The whole thing will come good with a service. Likely oil exists where it shouldn't be, blown seals & all.

You'll likely need a kit like this:

https://www.pushys.com.au/rockshox-reba-sid-fork-service-kit.html

Super easy to service those things. Where are you located? Happy to help.
Serviced.
So buttery smooth, stickyness fixed.
Didn't let all the air out of the shock and almost shot the cat, he got his own back by standing in oil and walking it through the kitchen.
We have called a truce.

Scotty675

Cable thief
Would I be right in saying that I won't need any special tools to change a lyric airshaft?
Seems only a cassette tool to undo top cap.