The QUICK question thread.....

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
If I build a single speed drive with a bmx chain ring up front, do I need to use a half link bmx chain? I already have a few 9 and 10 speed chains in the garage.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Or a spider and go full MTB...

I had a Norco 125 way way way back with bmx BB, crank, chain ring running with a (probably) 8 speed rear end. Pretty sure it was a MTB/road chain.

stirk

Burner
So I've a wiggle order on route since 23rd March.
Its gone from EMA to LHR to SIN and back to LHR where it's sitting with a status of 'carrier delays'. Likely Covid19 related issues.

I assume EMA is somewhere in Europe?
SIN Singapore and LHR London Heathrow.

Where does Wiggle ship from? I think I had a brain fart and thought my order would be local.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I thought so. As I sat back on the park bench resting from my essential exercise and drinking my essential caramel latte from the essential small business I was awakened to just how moronic such a tattoo was...

Then someone came and ordered a caramel latte. I thought wow people actually like this shitty combination??? Oh no he doesn't...better throw in 3 more sugars! Well he looks like not being in the gym is a new experience so who am I to care?

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
I assume EMA is somewhere in Europe?
SIN Singapore and LHR London Heathrow.

Where does Wiggle ship from? I think I had a brain fart and thought my order would be local.
East Midlands Airport. I believe a lot of freight usually goes around the world on passenger flights. So, no passenger flights means no freight.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
If I build a single speed drive with a bmx chain ring up front, do I need to use a half link bmx chain? I already have a few 9 and 10 speed chains in the garage.
Keep in mind half link won't gel with narrow wide rings, is the BMC stuff 1/8 chain or 3/32"..I presume u checked it's 3/32

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Does it matter if this would be for a DJ build?
TBH no. If you've got BMX cranks already with a 1/8" sprocket on then just get a 1/8" chain as it's way cheaper than a new sprocket. And yeah, you don't need a half link chain - they're good for street/park where you might be grinding ledges etc, but for cruising DJs you don't need. You can use a single half link as a joiner in an otherwise regular 1/8" chain to get the length right if you don't have horizontal dropouts.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Thanks. This one is a long way down the list of things to do, but I have a hard tail frame that takes bmx cranks. Will see how time + money plays out.