The QUICK question thread.....

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Anyone have a sneaky solution for this? I have a set of RF pedals with a big inner bearing which I’d like to put on, but have crank boots on my cranks. When I tighten the pedals up the bearing housing comes up tight against the boot and pedals barely spin. Don’t really want to chuck the boots.
Any suggestions?
Can't quite picture it without a picture, but can you modify / cut a little material off the crank boots to clear the bearing? I've cut some off a crank boot before for clearance.

Or put a spacer/washer between the pedal spindle and the crank?

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah I meant to add this...
B99CE113-AA71-4860-A9F1-A399E1D9F6B2.jpeg

There’s bugger all spindle between the thread and bearing housing. How far could you safely space it out with a washer I wonder?

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Usually about the diameter of the shaft width, should match the amount of thread insertion length.
Nowhere to go there, about 14x14mm. Looks like I’m going the trim. The boot moves around a bit, let’s hope it doesn’t jam a pedal up suddenly and shred one of my pristine shins.

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Was browsing the results for the MTBA DH champs at Bright and saw there was 10 Masters groups. Some had 1, none, 3, 7 etc in it.
All I know is Masters is 30+ so I'm guessing since there is 10, the age bracket for each group increments by 5?

moorey

call me Mia
Was browsing the results for the MTBA DH champs at Bright and saw there was 10 Masters groups. Some had 1, none, 3, 7 etc in it.
All I know is Masters is 30+ so I'm guessing since there is 10, the age bracket for each group increments by 5?
Yep. At Nationals, 5y per category, starting at masters 1 30-34 etc.

Scotty675

Cable thief
Anyone changed to microspline on a dt 350 hub know if the end cap is the same? I'm guessing not but though someone may be able to measure one for me.