The QUICK question thread.....

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
If I have a 125mm head tube, and fit an angleset made for 110-120.....how much am I going to die?
I was going to be a smartarse and tell you to use an offset fork, then I remembered something I read the other day; installing a shorter offset fork has a similar effect to slackening the head tube angle - by virtue of the longer trail. Going a from 51mm to 44mm offset fork feels like the front end is about 0.5° slacker, IIRC. Was from a forum post elsewhere so hardly a credible source.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
I get the theory...but given there’s a little tolerance, was hoping it would almost work...but fear you are right :(
just get the crew in melb’s to face the headtube, once they do top & bottom you’ll trim off 5mm from your hips/thighs & buttocks...oops got carried away i mean headtube

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Heya Team :)
So, building a bike up for the missus, I’ll post a build thread up when it’s down.
However I’m currently searching for some cranks, the frame is the usual PF92 but I’ve found some BB30 cranks. My research has led me to believe these two are not compatible, sound correct? Would just like to double check before moving on to other cranks :)
Ben

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
So, building a bike up for the missus, I’ll post a build thread up when it’s down.
However I’m currently searching for some cranks, the frame is the usual PF92 but I’ve found some BB30 cranks. My research has led me to believe these two are not compatible, sound correct? Would just like to double check before moving on to other cranks :)
Ben
Is that cranks with a 30mm spindle? Wheels mfg, and hope make BB's to suit. They are a cup and bearing that push into each sìde. It's not an ideal setup, by any stretch of the imagination, but it's what I run with no issues............ yet.

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk

PJO

in me vL comy
What is the most effective way to clean up carbon rims?
UD matte finish, want to get tape and sealant residue off.

Daniel Hale

Ben
you can;t run standard bb30 in pf92, all the bearings you get for pressfit92 are 24mm or gxp, there are a couple of conversion kits, some people have success, others fail -i would avoid , 1 guy i knew changed bearings constantly, ended up giving up

Daniel Hale

What is the most effective way to clean up carbon rims?
UD matte finish, want to get tape and sealant residue off.
goo remover works, think graffiti remover also, i have heard wd40 works -but have;t tried this myself, mineral spirits works also..try eucalyptus oil & get back to me if it works, my science brain tells me it should work

Reactions: PJO

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
you can;t run standard bb30 in pf92, all the bearings you get for pressfit92 are 24mm or gxp, there are a couple of conversion kits, some people have success, others fail -i would avoid , 1 guy i knew changed bearings constantly, ended up giving up
Thanks for the reply!

Hope you are going well!