The QUICK question thread.....

Scotty675

Cable thief
Heya Team :)
So, building a bike up for the missus, I’ll post a build thread up when it’s down.
However I’m currently searching for some cranks, the frame is the usual PF92 but I’ve found some BB30 cranks. My research has led me to believe these two are not compatible, sound correct? Would just like to double check before moving on to other cranks :)
Ben
If it's for 30mm spindle I've got one of these on the way. There aren't many options out there. I'd hope wheels manufacturing would of made a screw together 30mm bb but don't. I can't comment if these are any good though as haven't tried yet.

PJO

in me vL comy
goo remover works, think graffiti remover also, i have heard wd40 works -but have;t tried this myself, mineral spirits works also..try eucalyptus oil & get back to me if it works, my science brain tells me it should work
And none of these affect the resin?
I don't have anything else carbon, brought these wheels for the hubs...

Jpez

Down on the left!
If it's for 30mm spindle I've got one of these on the way. There aren't many options out there. I'd hope wheels manufacturing would of made a screw together 30mm bb but don't. I can't comment if these are any good though as haven't tried yet.
The price though! Eye watering.
I need something to replace my POS cinch RF bb which has lasted all of 6 months but just can’t bring myself to spend that sort of coin on something that isn’t shiny.
cool name though!

Scotty675

Cable thief
The price though! Eye watering.
I need something to replace my POS cinch RF bb which has lasted all of 6 months but just can’t bring myself to spend that sort of coin on something that isn’t shiny.
cool name though!
I was going to buy the race face but they were out of stock. Choices are very limited. It better come with a nice box and lots of stickers I can use (only bought friday night).

Jpez

Down on the left!
I was going to buy the race face but they were out of stock. Choices are very limited. It better come with a nice box and lots of stickers I can use (only bought friday night).
Good thing it was out of stock. They are rubbish. Killed two in as many years.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
And none of these affect the resin?
I don't have anything else carbon, brought these wheels for the hubs...
euca oil.mineral spirit/wd40 are fine, there are a couple of different graffiti.goo removers, 1 supposedly is toxic but i havn’t seen it cause trouble to break down carbon fibre resin...stick to he first 3, if it were me i’d hit it with acetone (good nail polish remover if you can’t get hr our stuff) i prefer to get rid of he glue straight away, used on my carbon zipp cx tubulars,
if you want a commercial product bunnings or paint store should have glue remover

Reactions: PJO

Minlak

custom titis
Soooo just checking it seems I missed something when I didn't pay any attention to the new Shimano 12spd Group Sets - The shift levers now come in 2 specs again? Bar Mount and I-Spec-EV? - So if I have bar mount I will have to buy a whole new shifter to mount on the brake levers? The levers are compatible as they are the new XT 4 pot.

The new bike shift lever feels in the wrong place and moving it closer to the bars will also be the wrong place as it feels like it should be exactly where the brake lever is.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Soooo just checking it seems I missed something when I didn't pay any attention to the new Shimano 12spd Group Sets - The shift levers now come in 2 specs again? Bar Mount and I-Spec-EV? - So if I have bar mount I will have to buy a whole new shifter to mount on the brake levers? The levers are compatible as they are the new XT 4 pot.

The new bike shift lever feels in the wrong place and moving it closer to the bars will also be the wrong place as it feels like it should be exactly where the brake lever is.
Correct, the bar mount can't be modified to fit I-SPEC-EV

Minlak

custom titis

Correct, the bar mount can't be modified to fit I-SPEC-EV
Also I can't seem to confirm if the EV lever comes complete with the mounting equipment for the lever? - Can any one confirm?

slowmick

38-39"
Hi team - I need a chain for a kids bike. Do I just grab a single speed chain or a 6/7/8 speed chain for it? the last owner cut it to make the bike a balance bike.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Hi team - I need a chain for a kids bike. Do I just grab a single speed chain or a 6/7/8 speed chain for it? the last owner cut it to make the bike a balance bike.
It depends...was it a single speed or a 6/7/8 to begin with? The link lengths are different...