The QUICK question thread.....

moorey

call me Mia
Ok have put 203 RT 86 ( the ice tech ones) rotors on the ebike - it already had 203 on there - fitted new rotors - wheels spin fine no rubbing - when I ride I head up the street no sound turn around and roll down and they howl / resonate - realigned by eye - same thing - don’t look warped or bent or I also assume they would scrape when spun in the stand yet they make no sound - ideas?
No play in your wheels?

Flow-Rider

Burner
Not that I can feel - I used a torque wrench in the rear wheel as well - and wasn’t happening with old rotors - was thinking maybe it’s the leading edge of the pads?
How did you manage to mangle the first rotor, maybe something on the bike is still bent or damaged from it ?

Minlak

custom titis
How did you manage to mangle the first rotor, maybe something on the bike is still bent or damaged from it ?
Didn’t wreck anything the rotors that came on it were rt66 all my other bikes have rt86 just wanted same same - so was just a change for changes sake - new rotors in boxes - just took old ones off

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Didn’t wreck anything the rotors that came on it were rt66 all my other bikes have rt86 just wanted same same - so was just a change for changes sake - new rotors in boxes - just took old ones off
Swap the front rotors / wheels between bikes and see if the problem migrates.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
I’m gunna do some laps of the street in the morning and see if it comes good - I did a few laps this afternoon messing with it but not proper bedding in - was doing it between other disasters I was creating. I’ll try that thanks
Sorry didn’t want to assume you hadn’t but I did the same earlier this year - rt66 to 86 rotors - and definitely had to make a proper effort to bed them in with the used pads. Took a good dozen or so hard braking runs down the road to stop the turkey warble.

Minlak

custom titis
@Minlak do the pads have little lip at the top where they were sitting above the old rotor but the newer one is a bee’s dick larger diameter? You can sand the lip off the pad if so.
I will check that out too thanks - was going to pull pads today if the bedding doesn’t work

safreek

Serious question, why did giant stop making Cool bikes. Seems around the turn of the century they made really cool looking rides. What happened

moorey

call me Mia
The ATX DH was the go to bike in its day. It was followed by possibly the worst DH bike of all time, the DH Team/Comp. I don’t rate the MCM personally.