The QUICK question thread.....

safreek

Hey guys, seeking to nfo on the frame. Looking at the link bit in photo, are the two holes at the rear meant for a longer shock.
Seems like all 3 of them are the same size.
Possible that it may increase travel in a factory approved way. Any idea @moorey

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
What he means is use the same shock in the other locations to reduce height and travel, not to increase travel. Take the springle off the shock and see how much clearance you have from the tyre to the frame on full suck in.

safreek

What he means is use the same shock in the other locations to reduce height and travel, not to increase travel. Take the springle off the shock and see how much clearance you have from the tyre to the frame on full suck in.
Damn, so no way to increase travel. Shall pull the shock soon and see how much travel it has. Pretty darn small shock, any idea if a bigger shock may do anything

moorey

call me Mia
Damn, so no way to increase travel. Shall pull the shock soon and see how much travel it has. Pretty darn small shock, any idea if a bigger shock may do anything
There is. Custom linkage and longer shock. I did it to mine....I doubt that DHdirect still stock them 20 year later.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Sorry - can someone post that link to the cheap flat pedals that are pretty nice for like $35?

I want to grab a set for the neighbour.

[edit] Was it these ones?

Last edited:

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I got some "scudgood" pedals, direct clone of the one up composites. I mean you'd be pretty hard pressed to tell the difference without having them next to each other.

Can't seem to find them now, maybe one up took offence?

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Yeah it seems hard to find a decent pedal on eBay now that's not sourced out of China & said to deliver in January...

moorey

call me Mia
Sorry - can someone post that link to the cheap flat pedals that are pretty nice for like $35?

I want to grab a set for the neighbour.

[edit] Was it these ones?

View attachment 369592
They are fine. Put them on numerous bikes for local kids. Different name, same pedal.
@Plankosaurus, same. Can’t find the one up copies anyway now.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
They are fine. Put them on numerous bikes for local kids. Different name, same pedal.
@Plankosaurus, same. Can’t find the one up copies anyway now.
It's a bummer, because they are a shit-hot pedal. The one ups are awesome and worth every penny, but paying half that for a clone is awesome value

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
On the ones you bought, I swap out the alloy pins for m4 x 8-10mm steel pins if I’m using them. Those round off and get a bit slippery for off-road use after a short time. I’ve got tons of you need some.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
On the ones you bought, I swap out the alloy pins for m4 x 8-10mm steel pins if I’m using them. Those round off and get a bit slippery for off-road use after a short time. I’ve got tons of you need some.
You don't notice the extra weight too much?