The QUICK question thread.....

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
They still rub the frame though. My mate uses them without frame protection. It’s useless.
All good, they're for the road bike. Already have frame tape on for the protection value but the internal routing enters the top of the down tube behind the head tube (so aero duh) which means they rattle like a mofo against the sides of the head tube as they pass. Just want it to be quiet.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Okay here's one... those neat looking little silicone spirals that wrap around shifter cable outers/brake hoses as a nice noise-free alternative to frame wrap... Where the hell do you buy them? I swear I'm missing something really obvious here because surely they can't be so hard to get?
Spiral wrap, its for wrapping cables in the Automotive world, any of the car shops will have them, Supercheap, Autobarn, Autopro and the likes.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Spiral wrap, its for wrapping cables in the Automotive world, any of the car shops will have them, Supercheap, Autobarn, Autopro and the likes.
Ah not that stuff - I use heat shrink for keeping cables together - I wanted the thicker silicone caterpillars like above to dampen some rattles.

Minlak

custom titis
So I need a torque wrench that will do 50NM and Autobarn have the Garage Tuff on special for $69 guy at shop says he uses them and they are fine - this is used for one bolt once in a blue moon - I can’t find any bad reviews - ideas

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
So I need a torque wrench that will do 50NM and Autobarn have the Garage Tuff on special for $69 guy at shop says he uses them and they are fine - this is used for one bolt once in a blue moon - I can’t find any bad reviews - ideas
If it comes with any form of calibration certificate it will be ok, alternatively you have a Tradetools up there. But other options are $100+.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
https://www.shockcraft.co.nz/mattoc-tool-kit-manitou.html

found this kit. Fork hasn’t arrived yet so wasn’t sure if I’d get away with 1/4” drive 8mm. I’m also guessing just soak wipers and lube before use?
Yup. That’s the tool kit. Pricey though. I paid around $50 for mine through CRC but that was years ago.

End of the 8mm socket is thinned down. I believe @Boom King had someone turn a socket down for him.

Worth checking the lowers for oil and that seals are nice and wet also check the IRT seal is greased as well as this can be missed from factory.

Minlak

custom titis
Shimano XT Derailleur on a Hardtail 12spd 51t do I need long or medium cage ? Kkthx - no idea why this question always confuses me

moorey

call me Mia
It’s probably like e-parts. Same, just heavier, shittier and dearer.

Also, you never mentioned 1x or 2x.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
If you go into the product details Shimano lists min/max number of teeth on the cassette.

The RD-M8100-SGS says it accommodates 10-51t (assuming 1x). A hardtail doesn't have chain growth, so you're golden...