The QUICK question thread.....

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
But the continuum that sent me back has been disrupted...
Time is linear from your perspective. In this scenario you have been given advice by future Poodle and then you make a decision based on this advice, the outcome of the decision that you make is what leads to upcoming event anyway so ultimately you still become future Poodle and you travel back to give sage advice to past Poodle, after the advice has been given you travel off to wherever and thus your timeline continues.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Time is linear from your perspective. In this scenario you have been given advice by future Poodle and then you make a decision based on this advice, the outcome of the decision that you make is what leads to upcoming event anyway so ultimately you still become future Poodle and you travel back to give sage advice to past Poodle, after the advice has been given you travel off to wherever and thus your timeline continues.
Ok...I'm going to need some mushrooms.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
I think the thing that most time travellers seem to forget is that you need to be able to travel through space as well as time, if for example you wanted to go back and see the extinction event that took out the dinosaurs some 65 Million years ago you need to factor in that this happened part way across the galaxy relative to our current position.

Here's a cool little animation to demonstrate this point

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
What if you ran out of fuel while trying to travel back that far? Are you stick out of time? Or will you materialise in the time+space that the fuel drops?