The QUICK question thread.....

Flow-Rider

Burner
Anyone know of compatible wiper seals for DVO Diamond? Having trouble sourcing the DVO ones atm. They’re 35mm, Rockshox?
It might not be identical, but a major bearing shop will have something that will fit. If you haven't damaged the seal you could re-use it.

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone know of compatible wiper seals for DVO Diamond? Having trouble sourcing the DVO ones atm. They’re 35mm, Rockshox?
If you find something, can you share please. Mine could do with replacing before the end of summer.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Thanks man. Might be my best option.
Expensive though, works out to be about $80 each.
Surely Enduro or SKF would have something to suit. Have you rung MTB suspension centre to see what they have in stock?

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Need to match the OD of the wiper. Even within one manufacturer's range, different models on a given stanchion diameter can differ in outer size.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Going to grab some new sunnies for everyday use. Is polarised worth the extra? Lots of opinions on The internet and so thought I would ask for more. :p

Seems they block more bad light but can cause problems with looking at phone screens and possible face unlock depending on the type of lens used. Anyone have have first hand experience?

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Polarised is good.

I doubt there is any more problem with the unlocking of phones (face recognition) with polarised vs non. My polarised ones work fine for this, but my non polarised don’t! Must be more a shape/lens colour issue.

Occasionally screen visibility is a problem depending on rotational alignment.

Personally, if they’re going to be the ‘abused’ pair I wouldn’t spend the extra bit for the ‘good set’ for sure.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Going to grab some new sunnies for everyday use. Is polarised worth the extra? Lots of opinions on The internet and so thought I would ask for more. :p

Seems they block more bad light but can cause problems with looking at phone screens and possible face unlock depending on the type of lens used. Anyone have have first hand experience?
Peril sensitive is the only way to go.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Thanks all. A few sales on and only $50 extra to go polarised so will give them a go. I look after my stuff so should be ok. Last pair of sunnies are 5-6yrs old.

wornoutwords

Likes Dirt
hey all, I'm going to look @ a meta am v4 frame later today for a something to do over the holidays (it'll be my first frame up build)

what are the top 3 tips you'd tell a noob (5-6mo exp puttering around on a 2011 trance) to check to avoid it being a lemon / money pit?

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
hey all, I'm going to look @ a meta am v4 frame later today for a something to do over the holidays (it'll be my first frame up build)

what are the top 3 tips you'd tell a noob (5-6mo exp puttering around on a 2011 trance) to check to avoid it being a lemon / money pit?
If it has a coil shock on it currently, budget to buy a new shock.