The QUICK question thread.....

crash3

Likes Dirt
I got one of those aliexpress tubeless tyre plug sets in the mail recently. My car/motorbike equivalent set comes with petroleum jelly or rubber cement to act as a lube for getting the plug strip into the tyre, but this MTB one doesn't have either.
Is it just expected that the tubeless sealant will perform this function, or should I find a tiny vaso tube to include in the kit?

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Thanks.

What about the tyre plugs?
pretty sure my bacon strips came without glue I expect the sealant to do the job but i have seen videos of moto tyres being plugged baconstrips and with glue. Im assuming that would be because no sealant?

crash3

Likes Dirt
pretty sure my bacon strips came without glue I expect the sealant to do the job but i have seen videos of moto tyres being plugged baconstrips and with glue. Im assuming that would be because no sealant?
Yeah that's what I'm guessing. Even with vaso or rubber cement those things need some real force to get in, I don't want to have to push that hard to get it into the bike tyre only to punch through the tubeless tape.

Its really hard to discuss this without all the euphemisms :rolleyes:.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Which somehow always turns into a 90 minute job filled with distractions, side missions, and a big old fucking mess.

"But why isn't it here in the tool box where it belongs????"
The claim is always "10min job" but never is.
That's me with everything though, not just bike stuff. I was only going to cook dinner last night, but I ended up making a batch of soup for tonight and somehow ended up making pierogi too. Then I was confused and tired.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I got one of those aliexpress tubeless tyre plug sets in the mail recently. My car/motorbike equivalent set comes with petroleum jelly or rubber cement to act as a lube for getting the plug strip into the tyre, but this MTB one doesn't have either.
Is it just expected that the tubeless sealant will perform this function, or should I find a tiny vaso tube to include in the kit?
You don't have to use the rubber cement even on car tyres, I've used them for over 20 years, it just makes it easier to get them in sometimes.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
somehow ended up making pierogi too.
Ooooooh...yum. just needs some sort of dough jam sugar item for dessert! If only there was such a thing in (slightly) eastern European cuisine...

Sound like you were the chef of many pans? That is one of my biggest weaknesses when cooking. What should be a simple way to clean up spree leaves me thinking I need an apprentice at home to take care of my mess.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Which somehow always turns into a 90 minute job filled with distractions, side missions, and a big old fucking mess.

"But why isn't it here in the tool box where it belongs????"
haha I eyballed the tool last night when i was wondering if it was misplaced, so all good on that front.

gonna pop into trek on my lunchbreak for a chat and eyeball the new ebike again (looks great in the flesh btw).

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
love pierogi. you guys polish? My fave are the cheese and potato ones and the saurkrat and mushroom ones. I could eat those till i explode
Half Polish. I made the potato and cheese ones last night. Never gonna be as good as how Babcia made them though :-(

Sound like you were the chef of many pans? That is one of my biggest weaknesses when cooking. What should be a simple way to clean up spree leaves me thinking I need an apprentice at home to take care of my mess.
I need to train the kids to clean up after me...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
So when a young Polish woman's grandmother cooks pączki and sends it to you via the mother then the woman in question because they know you like them...I need a time machine don't I?

Or a hamburger. I think I'll just go get a hamburger.