The QUICK question thread.....

bear the bear

Is a real bear
My google-fu isn't working.
Can anyone advise if lightweight thru axles are more susceptible to flexing?
The new gravel bike came with carbon-ti thru-axles and I am having issues with rotor rub under power.
Thoughts welcome

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I'm not getting scammed am I ....

Item cheap on Gumtree ($60).
Ad was local
Messaged and he said he's just gone away for work for 2 weeks in NSW but took it with him.
I got him to send me some more photos, which he did and all looks legit (not just web images)
Wants me to EFT into his brother's account (who is with him in NSW) cause he has osko.
Says he will send in the morning.

Much weirdness but, I mean if you're going to scam then you wouldn't do it for $60 would you?

bear the bear

Is a real bear

Ad was local
Messaged and he said he's just gone away for work for 2 weeks in NSW but took it with him.
I got him to send me some more photos, which he did and all looks legit (not just web images)
Wants me to EFT into his brother's account (who is with him in NSW) cause he has osko.

Much weirdness but, I mean if you're going to scam then you wouldn't do it for $60 would you?
Trust your gut...

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)

Ad was local

Sounds shifty. If you pay normal EFT transfer it would land in his account, just how urgent are you on getting this thing?

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
My google-fu isn't working.
Can anyone advise if lightweight thru axles are more susceptible to flexing?
The new gravel bike came with carbon-ti thru-axles and I am having issues with rotor rub under power.
Thoughts welcome
Just thru axles or CarbonTi hubs as well? The hub caps on my CarbonTi hubs have adjustable preload and if they're not tight enough the hub moves across the axle.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Just the thru-axles
What is the carbon-ti thru axle made from (I won't assume carbon and titanium)?
Is the axle a nice fit in the hub i.e. not under sized diameter?
Hub end cap play and bearing play would be my first thoughts for side loading rotor rub, not the axle.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Are there any regular NSW transport users on here? If so...did rail have a massive jump in price some time over the last few months?