The QUICK question thread.....

Jpez

Down on the left!
Has anyone successfully patched a snakebite on a sidewall?
Got a several ride old Maxxis Assguy that has a tiny hole right near the bead. Hate chucking out new tyres. Can it be patched from the inside or should I save myself the bother and chuck it and move on?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Has anyone successfully patched a snakebite on a sidewall?
Got a several ride old Maxxis Assguy that has a tiny hole right near the bead. Hate chucking out new tyres. Can it be patched from the inside or should I save myself the bother and chuck it and move on?
I've done a couple successfully with AliExp mushroom patches, weren't right down on the bead though. Partially up the sidewall.

Search around as some sellers do a variety pack of different sizes. I reckon mine was a 20 pack with 4 different sizes included.

slowmick

38-39"
Any tips on improving the action on a syringe for brake bleeding? The one from the Shimano kit was always sticky but now requires a ridiculous pressure to move the plunger - I can no longer do it single handedly. There was a big clean up on aisle 4 yesterday and one ruined t-shirt. Lucky to be wearing glasses.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Any tips on improving the action on a syringe for brake bleeding? The one from the Shimano kit was always sticky but now requires a ridiculous pressure to move the plunger - I can no longer do it single handedly. There was a big clean up on aisle 4 yesterday and one ruined t-shirt. Lucky to be wearing glasses.
Has the rubber in the plunger hardened? Not sure, but wondering if that belt rejuvenator spray, for fan belts might soften it. But then, could it also contaminate your fluid........

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Just go to a chemist and get a new one, it will cost about 1 dollar.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
eBay is your friend for new syringes.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Syringe...for shimano....whaaaaa?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Yup a conveniently routed long black one that goes from the master cylinder...
I just use a bleed cup even for a full bleed, hold lever down, crack bleed nipple on caliper, bleed out, close nipple, repeat, till old fluid is gone....same way I'd do a car/moto etc....
Whatever works.

2 syringes work

Or what I thought most people used was the syringe at the caliper with the little cuppy on the lever.

As long as you get the result.

How do you go bleeding in a new lever or an 'empty' lever with the piston replaced, using that method ?

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Syringe...for shimano....whaaaaa?
Yup a conveniently routed long black one that goes from the master cylinder...
I just use a bleed cup even for a full bleed, hold lever down, crack bleed nipple on caliper, bleed out, close nipple, repeat, till old fluid is gone....same way I'd do a car/moto etc....
General consensus is to push fluid up so the bubbles flow in the natural direction

There's an argum......ahhhh, discussion on here about it somewhere