DH The Rapid Wrench Melbourne: Santa Cruz V10C promo bike

MountainBikeMike

Likes Dirt
See full photo set on here on PinkBike.

p5pb13104197.jpg

Introducing The Rapid Wrench Melbourne Santa Cruz V10C promo bike.
I own and run my mobile bike mechanic business within Melbourne, and what better way to turn heads than with this amazing fully custom bike. This build started as a fun paint job, but ended with a full dosage of custom graphics and full parts matching to become a show bike. The whole process took 3-4 months. As an extra bit of history, this bike used to belong to Nathan Rennie in his race season. It has kindly been handed down to a couple of people since then.

After I stripped and sanded the frame, Magneto Industries took care of the graphics for the frame, forks, shock, mud guard, and wheels. Phillip Buckman, a painter I know through motorcycling took care of the painting and clear-coated it after the graphics were applied. The paint is a candy effect and has to be seen to be believed.

I had a KustomCaps.com make me a custom laser-etched headset cap with business graphics. I polished the Saint cranks, and the brakes were rebuilt with fresh seals (6 years old now) and treated to color coding. EightyOneSpices went out of their way big time to match up the correct sizing and colors for the CarboCage. TiBike hooked me up with 30 colored titanium bolts, while EightyHD hooked me up with their bling 2-piece crown/steerer in purple. Lusty Industries supplied the newer style square head tube badge. The Mucky Nutz mud-guard and Loaded Precision pedals were supplied by Pushie Enterprises, and a titanium anodized spring thanks to Tornado Titanium. I went with a 7speed DH Block conversion from OneUp components, with an 11-26 SRAM cassette.

p5pb13104189.jpg

Phillip who painted the bike, and Tim from Magneto Industries were helping me out at the core of the build process. It took many many trips back and forth from Caulfield to Narre Warren, and over to Mornington to visit these guys. Together we made everything just right how I wanted it. Imperfections in the carbon were fixed, clearcoat was done and re-done. The clear coat went over the decals so that it looks completely factory with no seams around the stickers to be seen and hardly felt. Tim reckons its the biggest and most ambitious bike decal design Magneto has completed, with days of work involved. Magneto also stickered up the Rapid Wrench Skoda about a year ago, as well as some jerseys. They do great work!

Before anyone mentions its too nice to ride it- "Yes, I'm going to!"

p5pb13104186.jpg

See more about the business at: www.therapidwrench.melbourne

Special thanks and contributions for helping me get this rig together:
Gallant Lee Photography
Philfy's wheel restorations and spray painting
Magneto Industries
EightyOneSpices
eightyHD Industries
Pushie Enterprises
KustomCaps.com?
Maxxis Bike Tyres Australia
Hope Technology Ltd
Tornado Titanium
Tibike
Lusty Inustries

p5pb13104158.jpg

p5pb13104173.jpg

p5pb13104177.jpg

Last edited:

teK--

Eats Squid
Amazing attention to detail. It really is too good to ride otherwise u would spend 4 hours detailing afterwards every time!

mitchy_

Llama calmer
can't say i'm a fan of the look, fair amount of effort involved though.

my only gripe is that crank stands out like dogs balls... paint it gold and then put some helicopter tape over it.

T.3

Likes Dirt
lol.. "meh, it's ok."

Amazing effort and work Mike! Get some motion blurring, tuck hucking photos of you on it now.
Wasn't what I was trying to say, was paying the bloke a genuine compliment, the only thing "meh" is your comprehension skills.

slowmick

38-39"
seriously pimpy ride there Mike - people will notice it and will remember it - perfect marketing tool :thumb:

velolove

Likes Dirt
Your bike reminds me of this... and your cranks cry nigga please

[video=youtube;nx7sC7qsny8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx7sC7qsny8[/video]