The riding thread.

patto_15

Wheel size expert
Rampfest has a Box Jump comp this weekend.

Its being called "Flying High Night".. Its 5-9pm and has a Pro and AM Box Jump Comp with heaps of money up for grabs!! There is also $300 cash for the highest air over the box, and a $100 highest bunny hop! Should be pretty rad =]

spono

Likes Dirt
Rampfest has a Box Jump comp this weekend.

Its being called "Flying High Night".. Its 5-9pm and has a Pro and AM Box Jump Comp with heaps of money up for grabs!! There is also $300 cash for the highest air over the box, and a $100 highest bunny hop! Should be pretty rad =]
Melbourne soounds like they always have cool comps on, Sydney has nothing although halloween jam should be coming up, anyone know anything about it?
Patto do a tabes for best trick =D

conor.1

Genetic Throwback
If you're a fan of ordering from overseas, the AUS dollar is hauling arse right now! Currently at $1.018 US

Igofastdh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My coaster has been playing up all afternoon, too much slack, slipping.
Was pedaling along on flat and then it just stopped/jammed up, sent me over the bars.

D

Deleted member 18757

Well, couple weeks ago I tried half cabbing down an 8 set, which resulted in a cracked frame and a cracked scaphoid. Today, after some light riding the crack finally developed into a snapped downtube.

robertv

Squid
If you're a fan of ordering from overseas, the AUS dollar is hauling arse right now! Currently at $1.018 US
If you're a fan of totally screwing your local scene.
I guess when the kiddies order everything online the local shops will at least get some work putting all the parts on.

spono

Likes Dirt
how did you do it hayden (how did you snap it after the crack)? Feels like no one comes on here anymore me included :|, whos going to halloween jam?

^^By the way most Aus shops suck, you pay twice as much here than US for a KHE tyre for example, don't help them unless they help you

robertv

Squid
Do you really think stuff is more expensive here because the shops are just doubling the price?
Go ahead and shop at danscomp, sell out your local scene for cheaper tyres. Local shops don't do anything for you? What the hell do massive, corporate mail-orders in America do for you?

/You should definitely let the folks down at the halloween jam know how much aussie shops suck.
//for shame!

conor.1

Genetic Throwback
Robert you're starting up an argument that has been going on and off for a while. People are going to make their own choices on where they order/buy from, telling them to buy and support local won't do to much.

spono

Likes Dirt
Do you really think stuff is more expensive here because the shops are just doubling the price?
Go ahead and shop at danscomp, sell out your local scene for cheaper tyres. Local shops don't do anything for you? What the hell do massive, corporate mail-orders in America do for you?

/You should definitely let the folks down at the halloween jam know how much aussie shops suck.
//for shame!
I wasn't trying to start an arguement with you I was trying to explain to you why people buy from overseas. What im saying is my LOCAL bike shops i could go in there everyday and buy something and they won't help me with a price so no my local shops don't do anything for me but if i was to order from overseas (corporate mail orders) what they do for me is get a cheaper price on something. Saying that the only thing on my bike(s) since i started riding that I bought from overseas is a a front wheel and a pair of grips. Although the shops around where I live arn't that good to loyal customers I can go to Hell On Wheels and they are super friendly and are keen to help riders out which is where I would always choose to go but its over an hours drive which i don't have my liscence. I don't blame Aus shops for being more expensive the Aus scene isn't as big of a market as overseas so they need to charge more for a profit.

So true conor

Last edited:

Drew.

Eats Squid

//for shame!
ha. ha. Yeah you're right, i guess i should help someone else pay their mortgage before considering my own. :rolleyes: At least i know I have a bloody HALLOWEEN JAM to fall back on if shit hits the fan.

birmY(>_<)

Likes Dirt
if i have the money, i buy from an aus shop, and since theres one bmx shop in WA, and it just opened, and is a fair trek to get to, i will porobably continue to do so. When i'm skint, and the dollar is good like it is at the moment, i go US. my immediate local shops don't stock bmx shit and and are pricks to deals with, so they can blow me

robertv

Squid
ha. ha. Yeah you're right, i guess i should help someone else pay their mortgage before considering my own. :rolleyes: At least i know I have a bloody HALLOWEEN JAM to fall back on if shit hits the fan.
If you're buying that many bike parts that the price difference between aussie shops and American mailorders is affecting your mortgage payments then I salute you. You're my hero.
I wasn't trying to start up the whole argument, just if someones gonna encourage ordering online I am going to discourage it. Just keeping the balance.
/shredglobalshoplocal

D

Deleted member 18757

Anyone had experience claiming warranty on a part, bought from an overseas mail order?
I bought my second wave pictured on the last page and was hoping to get it warrantied by the Australian sunday dealer but they aren't willing to help me. Only option might be to ship it back to Empire :\

conor.1

Genetic Throwback
Anyone had experience claiming warranty on a part, bought from an overseas mail order?
I bought my second wave pictured on the last page and was hoping to get it warrantied by the Australian sunday dealer but they aren't willing to help me. Only option might be to ship it back to Empire :\
Sunday come with lifetimes yes? Can you send it to Sunday?

D

Deleted member 18757

Sunday come with lifetimes yes? Can you send it to Sunday?
Yes they do, and I checked the website and it said for internationals, take it to whoever you bought it from and that the dealer may only be willing to cooperate in special circumstances.