The Rules of F.A.R.K. - Read these before you start a game or face the consequences!

Ryan

Radministrator
Right, so basically, we're playing B.I.K.E. but with a Farkin.net twist. If you don't know how to play, it's simple, someone takes a video of themselves doing a trick and posts it on youtube or similar. You then either do the same trick within a given timeframe and post a video of it, or you take a letter. Once you have the four letters that spell B.I.K.E. you're out of the game. Once the first player has set a trick and the second has responded or agreed to take a letter, the second player takes a turn at setting trick and the game continues.

How do I start a game?
Easy, you start a new thread in this forum and call for challengers. Note - Thread titles MUST include the following details;
- 20" or 26" Game
- Beginner, Intermediate or Expert/Madcore/Totally scene/Emo Jeans divisions.
- Terrain the game will be played on; typically street, park, dirt or a combination thereof.
- Forum name of the thread starter and the name of the challenger once they're agreed upon.
For Example; 20", Expert, Street and Park, Ryan vs bmx
If you cannot follow these simple rules for starting a new thread, your thread will be deleted and I may even ban you depending on what kind of mood I'm in. You've been warned.

How many players to a game
For now, we're limiting it to 1 on 1 individual games or 2 on 2 team games. We may expand this in the future as people get used to the format. Again; follow rules else Ryan deletes thread etc.

How long to respond to a trick / set a new one?
5 days. If you do not respond in this time you automatically take a letter, no exceptions.

Are substitute tricks allowed?
If your bike setup means that you can't exactly duplicate the trick that has been set for you, for example, if you're playing a rider with pegs and you roll pegless, you may attempt a substitute trick that replicates the set trick as closely as possible. For example, if you're set a double-peg grind, you may substitute a double-dropout grind instead. All substitutes are to be agreed on before videos are posted.

How do you prove that it's really you setting / doing a trick (OMGZOR I SET A 360-BACKFLIP-540-TAILTAP-TO-BARSPIN RAWWRRRR!!)
Either hold up a sign to the camera saying "Ryan - Farkin BIKE - Feeble to 180 out" or say something similar to the camera before attempting the trick.

Any sketchy / not quite there tricks get referred to the peanut gallery for judging, that is, anyone reading the thread can chime in on whether or not they think your attempt should be counted. If you don't want people commenting on your sketchy-arse tricks, name someone a judge from the outset and include their name in the thread title.

Any other questions, please post them in this thread, this game is a work in progress and we will continue to update the rules as we go to make it more enjoyable and easier for everyone playing.

Last edited:

Ryan

Radministrator
Count as what? Being that it's a video game you can crash as many times as you want during the 5 day window, as long as you have video proof that you can pull the trick clean.

i like dirt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Any chance of a moderate class. Better than beginner, but worse than expert?

This is going to be so much fun hopefully help learn some new tricks too :)

Ryan

Radministrator
So why cant 24" be included?
Because 24" isn't a real wheel size ;) Just play in 26" division, as I've said before; you're already cheating by riding 24" wheels, so just cheat more and play against riders on 26". In reality we're really just breaking it up into an MTB and a BMX division.

This is going to be so much fun hopefully help learn some new tricks too :)
Expert = moderate = riders who aren't rank beginners but don't have any big banger tricks either. If you get flogged in an expert game, play beginner next time and likewise, if you completely humiliate someone in a beginner game, play expert next time.

Last edited:

Chalkie

Likes Dirt
So why cant 24" be included?
I'm assuming it falls under the 26" category. Don't see why not, 24" isn't really of any advantage unless the trick set is who can be the most scene.

Have to agree on that one. Beginner, Expert and Advanced are a bit random. Maybe Beginner, Intermediate, Expert, Pro (for pro/sponsored riders only?). The gap between what most people will interpret beginner and expert to be is far too broad.

Ryan

Radministrator
^ Fair call; beginner, intermediate, expert (or one of the other options in the first post then?)

Chalkie

Likes Dirt
^ Fair call; beginner, intermediate, expert (or one of the other options in the first post then?)
Haha yeah, beginner, intermediate and expert seems like the go. Maybe the Emo Jeans division isn't a bad idea. I can't even begin to imagine the shame of losing to someone wearing girls pants. Which brings me to another point. Girl/Guy only comps? I suppose a female user could just add it into her thread title if she wanted to verse a female only.

Edit: How do the 2 on 2 team games work?

Last edited:

Ryan

Radministrator
I think we can make exceptions for those of you in VIC / NSW who are flooded out. Must provide proof of floodedness though ;)

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
24" included in with 26"... it essentially should be "mtb" or "bmx"

but what about if i ride 24inch bmx??? WHAT DO I DOOO WHAT DOOO I DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ARBGHHHHHHHHHH *pulls hair out and runs around in circles.*

sounds like a good idea, might go to the park some time in the next week and get my self some stunts on film and challange some one.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
but what about if i ride 24inch bmx??? WHAT DO I DOOO WHAT DOOO I DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ARBGHHHHHHHHHH *pulls hair out and runs around in circles.*

sounds like a good idea, might go to the park some time in the next week and get my self some stunts on film and challange some one.
if you ride a 24" bmx, you race it. if you ride a 24" bmx for street park or DJ, you should be shot. and before anyone mentions that piece of shit 25" thing that was up here a while ago, if you ride a 25 incher, you should also be shot.

molzy13

Likes Dirt
if you ride a 24" bmx, you race it. if you ride a 24" bmx for street park or DJ, you should be shot. and before anyone mentions that piece of shit 25" thing that was up here a while ago, if you ride a 25 incher, you should also be shot.
agree......