The Self Sufficient Bike Camping Thread.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I had an Exped balloon and hated it. Packs into nothing but useless for this fussy canary.
View attachment 389712

@Oddjob those Nemo pillows look good, and plenty of glowing reviews.
I took the Nemo with me on my South American 9 month backpack, motorbike trip from Sydney to Broome and then London to Beijing. Best thing ever for sleep, especially given that I sleep on my side and have broad shoulders.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Ackland

chats d'élevage
@ozzybmx I'm also told that the "Naturehike" gear on Ali is quite highly recommended for enthusiast level bikepacking.

If you're going into long trips into alpine regions etc then folk recommend the really $$ stuff but the Nature Hike is decently well made and quite light weight

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
@ozzybmx I'm also told that the "Naturehike" gear on Ali is quite highly recommended for enthusiast level bikepacking.

If you're going into long trips into alpine regions etc then folk recommend the really $$ stuff but the Nature Hike is decently well made and quite light weight
Cheers Acko. Pillow is #1

Next is to find a mount to put 'anything cages' on my straight steerer fork without any mounting points.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Talk to cracked carbon about installing rivnuts
Not even worth it for the occasional use. Only light bulky stuff going on there anyway, sleeping matt, sleeping bag or new bulky pillow etc...

Could mount WT B-Rad base and use anything cages but will probably just grab Topeak.