The Single Speed Thread

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
If you are on the m7 heading north up the hill to Elizabeth drive on the left hand side you will see a big billboard thats the hill. I have a bit of a loop that i do around there. It's a lot steeper than it looks in the pic.
I thought so, I used to ride down that one somewhere from the watertower. It is warp speed fun but over before you know it. I used to mess around there earlier but usually go to Wylde instead or around WS Regional Park on the north eastern side of the m7/elizabeth drive junction. I have a loop around the WSRP which is all I need for a morning blat if time is tight and it usually is.

I'm about a 15 -20 min ride away from there. Will have to keep my eyes opened for your SS. You must have Titanium knees and lungs like a Zeppelin to climb that thing.

Will have to meet up sooner or later.

Peter650

Likes Dirt
Mr Crudley i think i might have a hill that you would love. It's almost vertical at the top (think the big slide at Luna Park) not any trees to hit and you are absolutely screaming along at warp drive . I took a friend there & he was crawling around on his arse because he was to scared to stand up LOL. Next time im there i will get some pics

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Love to have a look at that one. Sounds like I'll need an 8/62T to even think about climbing that one. Glad you are spending some time around Cecil Park. I'll have to get out there again soon. It has been a while.

----------
Sent with added typos from a tiny mobile keyboard and spellchecker that makes a mess of everything.

Peter650

Likes Dirt
Ok so you like single track, but you don't like crowds (people with gears slowing you down). Underground phone lines is where it's at. Do some hunting around, & you will find some pretty cool trails to ride.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Ok so you like single track, but you don't like crowds (people with gears slowing you down). Underground phone lines is where it's at. Do some hunting around, & you will find some pretty cool trails to ride.
I'm not that fast but no crowds is always good. I think I know where you mean. There should be some buried comms cabling around there near Telstra's Cecil Park microwave repeater. I'll have to head out there for some recon. Thanks for the tip.

Peter650

Likes Dirt
If you get on google maps/earth look for a house surrounded by bushland/National Park. Good chance it will have under ground ph cables.

Nath8

Likes Dirt
Built this up for my son.
He's been riding a steel frame single speed for 12 months and I thought it was time to upgrade him to a full carbon framed bike.

Attachments

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I love single speeds and seeing young shredders on them is awesome....... but is it really an upgrade from the niner? That bike had me so jealous. How do they compare?

alrsv1

Likes Bikes
Did this custom build recently using a Soma Juice steel frame as the base. Ended up selling it in the fully rigid configuration before I got a chance to take it off-road (it did have off-road tyres on it at one point) but it was loads of fun on the road and those slicks just beg you to ride like an idiot. Pretty sure I'll built another one.

JoelFitz

Likes Dirt
Any recommendations for a 29er SS frame with more all mountain geometry? 67 deg HA etc.. honzo and the like..

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk