The Single Speed Thread

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association

I will put a better pic up tomorrow when I get it out in daylight, but I am pretty happy with how its come together.

sammydog

Here we go, better pic of the bike.

Ended up coming in at 11.4kg's which surprised me as it was made from parts lying around.

Was absolutely sweet to ride and I am counting the hours till we are re-united on the trails on Saturday.

jaseh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
another I built up this week....
Bataglin steel frame, with bits and pieces hanging off it that were lying around.

ok as this seems to be the single speed thread i was wondering if anyone knew the speacial ratio for the stp's so they dont need a tensioner?

i know i will have to run a half link chain

and if you cant help me out in that department...what is a good S/S 4X ratio?

thanks heaps Night Train

sammydog

I had run 32/16 for 4X for a while, but found I was spinning out on a lot of courses on the run into jumps, etc.

I never actually got around to changing the ratio before I buggered my back. I'd be interested to hear what ratio you find works though.

I had run 32/16 for 4X for a while, but found I was spinning out on a lot of courses on the run into jumps, etc.

I never actually got around to changing the ratio before I buggered my back. I'd be interested to hear what ratio you find works though.
Im running the same on my stp now im pretty sure and im having the same problem thats why im asking lol

Pete W

Likes Dirt
Aireal hubs

Great hubs, the machine work and finish is top class
I've been running a set on stans rims tubeless definately the best wheels I've used.
Check the price difference and the warranty is local and iron clad, but you won't need it as I've given mine a hiding and they are still go'n strong and smooth.

Sumgy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ok as this seems to be the single speed thread i was wondering if anyone knew the speacial ratio for the stp's so they dont need a tensioner?
Check over on the SS forum at MTBR.
Pretty sure there is a link to an online ratio calculator in the FAQ.

Sumgy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
anyone running an aireal SS hub??

Looking for a new hub, thinking about a hope pro2, or the aireal.
No idea on the Aerial but have run the Pro2 for 12 months on my SS with no problems at all.
Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!
Love that noise.