The Single Speed Thread

moorey

call me Mia
Just picked up this bad boy. A few changes to come.
Ventana El Toro. Industry 9, SIDS, middleburn. All the cliches.
image.jpg
image.jpg

moorey

call me Mia
Looks nice, how much you get it for?
Didn't get a bid on eBay at $500. When first looking at it I was after a geared bike for another project. Contacted seller about a month after it was passed in. He had a set of carbon havens he threw in for another $250, and offered a friend to bring it from interstate. A mate of mine was meant to be buying my SS Marley off me. He pulled out after I'd paid for this bike, but happy to still have both.
Moorey, VERY nice :smokin:
Cheers. And pretty light, given they are currently pretty heavy, wire bead Tyres and tubes, and pretty heavy flat pedals. Only carbon on it are seat rails. Sits at 9.7kg at the moment.

Beno22

Likes Bikes
that looks sweet!
what tensioner is that??
LitePro Chain Tensioner Single Speed Aluminium Alloy Light Weight[Black]

Ebay special, it's pretty good quality. Not ment to be fitted like that, I'm fussy though and put a bit of effort in to make it look tidy

Igofastdh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks quick rexbomana.

Didn't realize how flogged out my chainring was until the other day, Now for the fun part of chasing one up in country Vic without a LBS. Can anyone recommend an Aussie online store? Worst case scenario I'll use eBay. Cheers.

Nath8

Likes Dirt
I've been using a Blackspire Mono Veloce ring for a while now. Holding up well.

Get one off chainreaction. Cost about $55.

Looks quick rexbomana.

Didn't realize how flogged out my chainring was until the other day, Now for the fun part of chasing one up in country Vic without a LBS. Can anyone recommend an Aussie online store? Worst case scenario I'll use eBay. Cheers.
what are you chasing. someone on here might have a spare - and whats your time frame for delivery.

~XTC~

Likes Bikes
what to do with my single speed machine.

Bike fell against some metal racking about 2 years ago and chipped the paint. It has been ridden single speed since then without issue. Gave it a really good clean last weekend and checked it right over and noticed it looked a little worse. I am unsure if I want to sell it complete or just repair or replace the frame.

Attachments

Igofastdh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
what are you chasing. someone on here might have a spare - and whats your time frame for delivery.
Hey ptpetex2, chasing a 32T to suit shimano cranks and a 9spd chain. No urgency but rather sooner than later.

~XTC~ excuse my ignorance but isn't that just cosmetic damage? Selling it sounds a bit drastic

tensioning ideas continue.

Tried push and pull type, as well as multiple gearing options to find magic gear/chain length to run without a tensioner.

Am now trying a Zee rear mech, as long term I plan to run geared and/or SS depending on how I feel on the day.

zee.jpg

Hey ptpetex2, chasing a 32T to suit shimano cranks and a 9spd chain. No urgency but rather sooner than later.

I also looked for a spare chain ring, and only have an 9 spd XT middle chain ring, which should be 32tooth.
it is used, but you can have it if you want as I have no requirement for it.

Igofastdh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I also looked for a spare chain ring, and only have an 9 spd XT middle chain ring, which should be 32tooth.
it is used, but you can have it if you want as I have no requirement for it.
Thanks, but the previous owner used a middle ring in this SS set-up which I wasnt too keen on. Ive got a Blackspire coming in the mail as we speak!

Igofastdh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks, but the previous owner used a middle ring in this SS set-up which I wasnt too keen on. Ive got a Blackspire coming in the mail as we speak!
I fitted my blackspire ring and new chain at Candlebark Park car park, only to realize how whack my chainline & worn my rear sprocket was. (D'oh) Quick ring around to find Walkers Wheels had one in stock and would help out fitting it and swapping the spacers around, so big thanks to them.
Had a blast getting lost out here for a couple hours, now to just bring the fitness back up.
image1asml.jpg
(Excuse the image quality)

Last edited:

ScooterXC

Likes Dirt
Recently picked up my new (2nd hand) Niner Air9 Carbon SS
Previously rode an Intense Hard Eddie which I sold last year to fund other bikes
Being a 2012 model has qr rear end I'm borrowing a very low end rear wheel while my hope adapters arrive, considering a Project 321 rear wheel for the 120 engagement point goodness (we have 3 sets in the family) they are rad
Fox Terralogic fork is amazing for SS, don't have to think about locking out the front end yet still has good control
Many new parts on their way! Shweeettt
(Post lowered by quite a bit & new seat since this initial build photo)

Last edited: