The Snow Thread

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
nice! How long did it take you? I am waiting on 4 packages to arrive now. Just got confirmation that they sent this morning.
ive never waited for more then 8 days for a package from sierra, and that was becuase it was over easter break.

usualy order on monday, and have it in my hand thursday arvo/friday morning, i always use the more expensive shipping option, its like 3 bucks more, and you can track it

dog boy

Likes Dirt
nice! How long did it take you? I am waiting on 4 packages to arrive now. Just got confirmation that they sent this morning.
pretty sure it was 6 days. on the 7 day delivery option. Amazing that its free postage when u spend over $500. that set up cost me $440 AUD and at the local snow shop i believe from what the guy in the snow shop said it would have been closer to $1000. mates bought stuff on the same order and made it to $507 USD so we got the free shipping. found a catch tho don't place orders over $1000 AUD or you get the 10% duty on the whole total i believe.

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
Ok I know I could search elsewhere for this information but I prefer to keep this thread alive with banter and discussion up until the snow starts falling.

Skate Banana and Park Pickle, what's the difference? Sawtell?

%10 on orders over $1000 (AUD) from overseas is correct.

sawtell

Ok I know I could search elsewhere for this information but I prefer to keep this thread alive with banter and discussion up until the snow starts falling.

Skate Banana and Park Pickle, what's the difference? Sawtell?

%10 on orders over $1000 (AUD) from overseas is correct.

lol it depends on the time of release, anything from before mid '10, is exactly the same, except the park picke has a weird side cut, meaning the cut on your heel side, is different to the cut on your toe side, they did this, as their "research" showed that you turn harder on your heals, so you need less cut to make the turns even... its a complete gimmick, if it meant anything ALOT of other brands would be doing it, espeicaly with their alpine/raceboards... not on their fuckin park boards!!

from mid 2010 onwards (this is also debateable, ive never actualy seen proof, and i own one!).
skate banana's went to tuned down C2 rocker, meaning they have normal banana rocker between bindings, then from last binding insert, the board turns back into normal camber board similiar to a never summer, or a nitro gull wing!..

ive been told this by ALOT of stores, when i was looking for a new board to replace my mid 2010 board, but i still think its bullshit, we didnt libtech announce it? when they use it as a marketing ploy on all their other boards that came out as c2 in 2010!!!

in my opinion, pretty much the same board, except the gnu is about 100x as cool , due to i like gnu more then libtech! and the park pickle would be the most awsome graphic i have ever seen!

*i only bought the skat ebanana as i was able to get it VERY cheap through my dads mate.

**when i say 2010, libtech 2010 boards are released here for our 209 season, meaning the NEW boards coming in stores atm are 2011 libtech boards

sawtell

is it park requirements for perisher that u have ur board attached to you i.e board leash?
its a code of conduct requirement at pretty much every resort in the world, if you read the fine print, you can actualy have your lift ticket taken of from you for not wearing a board leash!!

i havnt used one for past few seasons, your not going to get in trouble!

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
Keep one in yo pocket if your worried about looking cool, if your too cheap to spend 10 bucks use a shoelace haha.

I'm thinking a park pickle is the next step.

Last edited:

sawtell

Keep one in yo pocket if your worried about looking cool, if your too cheap to spend 10 bucks use a shoelace haha.

I'm thinking a park pickle is the next step.
its not a point of looking cool, there just a pain in the arse 99% of the time.
if your doing walk up laps in the park or something, its a hassle to have to sit down and undo that stupid clip.

pocket_cup

Likes Dirt
its not a point of looking cool, there just a pain in the arse 99% of the time.
if your doing walk up laps in the park or something, its a hassle to have to sit down and undo that stupid clip.
what is the point of it? if the stupid thing is strapped to your feet, why do you need a leash? skiers don't need a leash yet skies are always flying all over the place.

dog boy

Likes Dirt
what is the point of it? if the stupid thing is strapped to your feet, why do you need a leash? skiers don't need a leash yet skies are always flying all over the place.
mm yer i cant exactly see the point of them i just heard its a requirement. i guess its to stop ur board going off on its own if u unstrap both feet. but if u unstrap both feet surely u will realize your boards about to disappear on you. yer i believe skis have some sort of mechanism that has two (probes) that stick into the ground until you step into them then the (probes) come up.
just deciding whether its worth buying a leash or not. i didn't use 1 last year and wasn't questioned. thats cause i lost it off the hire board. opps

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
leashes can be had for like less than 10 bucks. just get one, leave it attached to boot and just hook on the binding bit if ever needed..

also, airblaster legbag would be cool though

pocket_cup

Likes Dirt
mm yer i cant exactly see the point of them i just heard its a requirement. i guess its to stop ur board going off on its own if u unstrap both feet. but if u unstrap both feet surely u will realize your boards about to disappear on you. yer i believe skis have some sort of mechanism that has two (probes) that stick into the ground until you step into them then the (probes) come up.
just deciding whether its worth buying a leash or not. i didn't use 1 last year and wasn't questioned. thats cause i lost it off the hire board. opps
well yeah, im a skier, and there is a pad under the heel of your foot, that when stepped on, raises the two probes that you speak of, but that doesn't stop skies from bouncing along and hitting people.

bitterbro

Likes Dirt
ever seen a lose board slide down a hill? i've seen it take a man's finger off. If you're taking your board off up the top of a hill and for some reason, you don't grip it properly, they go loose and go wild. It's for when taking off your board to save accidents, like a board on the lose.

sawtell

hahaha i agree!

my problem with them is, i always forget to clip it on, and it just bangs around around my feet, if its to long goes under your edge and you eat shit etc.

on the other hand, i think they are a great thing for newer/beginner riders, people who havnt quite managed balance yet! unclipping both feet and stepping of a snowboard can be quite the challenge when you start!

i wish my girlfriends sister used one when she unclipped on top of wombat at buller.
when she let go of her board, and it went on kamakaze mission down federation run, which was closed.

This involved me, on impulse while only having one foot strapped in chase it down there..

It was the fastest i have ever "skated" a board in my life! i gained like super human skating ability, straight line down a partialy covered black run, then through trees!

the hike out carrying two boards was the hard bit.

thats my pointless story of the day.

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
i always undo my leash before i unstrap my bindings if im using one.. otherwise it gets all twisted and shit and stuck under my feet and i end up eating it.. sometimes