The stupid questions thread.

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
At least rice bran oil's available in big bottles again. Although I have a feeling it's far costlier now.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Is there any substitute for olive oil when it comes to drizzling and pan cooking bread or spinach? Does Bran Oil taste like crap for instance?

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Any food oil not in a tin or glass bottle may (due to endocrine disruptor chemicals offing from the plastic into the oil, and/or degrading the plastic container) be bad for your long term health. Take it with a grain of salt if you want, but Food Oils interact with plastic, and not in a good way.

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
Is there any substitute for olive oil when it comes to drizzling and pan cooking bread or spinach? Does Bran Oil taste like crap for instance?
It's a neutral and high-smokepoint so not an olive oil replacement. I've never used it for that purpose so not entirely sure what it tastes like.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I think it is an equipment and process issue, rather than the result of mixing oil and garlic. I've done it a few different ways plenty of times without issue. My current favourite method is to confit it.