The stupid questions thread.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Looking at pro 4 hubs, how does a 150 hub also fit a 157?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Ahh just pack it out with a bunch of washers when you loose the adapter. She'll be right mate

Seriously now, adapters but you've lost the whole purpose of going to 157mm hubs with wider flange spacing.

Wonder if Hope have prototyped a hub with a replaceable centre shel for adjustable flange width to keep up with the new spacing every other week. Maybe I should patent it.

Does the Hope boss walk in ever other day "meeting at 11am boys, we need to draw up ANOTHER hub spacing standard"

moorey

call me Mia
Ahh just pack it out with a bunch of washers when you loose the adapter. She'll be right mate

Seriously now, adapters but you've lost the whole purpose of going to 157mm hubs with wider flange spacing.

Wonder if Hope have prototyped a hub with a replaceable centre shel for adjustable flange width to keep up with the new spacing every other week. Maybe I should patent it.

Does the Hope boss walk in ever other day "meeting at 11am boys, we need to draw up ANOTHER hub spacing standard"
Isn't 157 just channels in the frame like 142 is to 135?
Hope are SOLVING the problems, not causing them, ffs.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Isn't 157 just channels in the frame like 142 is to 135?
Hope are SOLVING the problems, not causing them, ffs.
Never said they were not solving them. Was suggesting they could solve even more of the mess that is this moving standards bs.

moorey

call me Mia
Never said they were not solving them. Was suggesting they could solve even more of the mess that is this moving standards bs.
No, you said Hope we're creating the standards. :nono:
Hope make an adapter to run basically any standard on their stock hub. You fucked up.

stirk

Burner
No, you said Hope we're creating the standards. :nono:

Hope make an adapter to run basically any standard on their stock hub. You fucked up.
I know what link was saying, hope DO have to draw up another standard every time the bike manufacturers create one so they can engineer adaptors, your nitpicking.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
I know what link was saying, hope DO have to draw up another standard every time the bike manufacturers create one so they can engineer adaptors, your nitpicking.
No they don't, the standard has already been drawn up by some other goose, usually employed by SRAM or Shimano.

Then companies that care, such as Hope and Banshee, provide solutions to allow poor schmucks like us to keep using a perfectly good product.

stirk

Burner
No they don't, the standard has already been drawn up by some other goose, usually employed by SRAM or Shimano.

Then companies that care, such as Hope and Banshee, provide solutions to allow poor schmucks like us to keep using a perfectly good product.
Surely they need to put that new standard's design into a CAD tool so they can engineer the adaptors? That's what I'm saying. Maybe the bike manufacturers give them the CAD file of their standard in which case they only need tobdraw up the adaptor.

moorey

call me Mia

Thanks for quoting Stirk (that's the only time I'll say that). Had him on 'ignore' for the last month or so, but glad I saw this response.
Clearly, Link had no idea that 135/142 and 150/157 are the same hub, with just the axles spaced wider to sit in channels to make wheel fitting easier. He claims to be a competent mechanic and shock guru, which he may well be, but he fucked up here, then tried to blame hope et al....attempting to deny it just makes him look sillier.
Stirk is just attempting to cover for his class clown mate...and looking equally stupid...no, stupider, in the process. Anyone who reads this can see right through the potato.

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks for quoting Stirk (that's the only time I'll say that). Had him on 'ignore' for the last month or so, but glad I saw this response.
Clearly, Link had no idea that 135/142 and 150/157 are the same hub, with just the axles spaced wider to sit in channels to make wheel fitting easier. He claims to be a competent mechanic and shock guru, which he may well be, but he fucked up here, then tried to blame hope et al....attempting to deny it just makes him look sillier.
Stirk is just attempting to cover for his class clown mate...and looking equally stupid...no, stupider, in the process. Anyone who reads this can see right through the potato.

So you're saying when a new hub standard is made, hope dont have to draw it? The cnc just magically starts pumping out new hubs(or spacers) to suit said standard?

Edit: Siding with the english language being a chunt

stirk

Burner
Hope must pull adaptor designs out of their arse.

moorey

call me Mia
So you're saying when a new hub standard is made, hope dont have to draw it? The cnc just magically starts pumping out new hubs(or spacers) to suit said standard?

Edit: Siding with the english language being a chunt
You clearly didn't read what link wrote :wink:

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Still now following, so an adaptor goes on the 150 to spread out to 157? Seems silly not to make wider flanges. Same with their 150 7spd, shorter body for cassette but same flange width? Give me more strongnesstisity for my wheels.

Another stupid question, what is following someone on Tapatalk. Do you get an update every time I talk shit on the internet? I'd sign up to get content from me, I'm pretty cool.

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You clearly didn't read what link wrote :wink:

No I did, your interpretation of it is incorrect. No one in industry is going to manufacture without drawing up everything to the Nth regardeless of whos standard it is or regardless of how it is applied.

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Still now following, so an adaptor goes on the 150 to spread out to 157? Seems silly not to make wider flanges. Same with their 150 7spd, shorter body for cassette but same flange width? Give me more strongnesstisity for my wheels.

Another stupid question, what is following someone on Tapatalk. Do you get an update every time I talk shit on the internet? I'd sign up to get content from me, I'm pretty cool.

The hope 4 DH hub does have wider flanges?