The stupid questions thread.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Still now following, so an adaptor goes on the 150 to spread out to 157? Seems silly not to make wider flanges. Same with their 150 7spd, shorter body for cassette but same flange width? Give me more strongnesstisity for my wheels.
All standard (not boost in other words) hope hubs use 1 size spoke, another nod to their commit to universal ease of fitment. Spacing the drive side flange out would require 2x spoke sizes per wheel.

Another stupid question, what is following someone on Tapatalk. Do you get an update every time I talk shit on the internet? I'd sign up to get content from me, I'm pretty cool.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
The follow button is right next to the reply button in tappa Talk, I'd suggest your followers have fat thumbs ;)

#knuckleswasadrunkenchunt

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Thanks for quoting Stirk (that's the only time I'll say that). Had him on 'ignore' for the last month or so, but glad I saw this response.
Clearly, Link had no idea that 135/142 and 150/157 are the same hub, with just the axles spaced wider to sit in channels to make wheel fitting easier. He claims to be a competent mechanic and shock guru, which he may well be, but he fucked up here, then tried to blame hope et al....attempting to deny it just makes him look sillier.
Stirk is just attempting to cover for his class clown mate...and looking equally stupid...no, stupider, in the process. Anyone who reads this can see right through the potato.

yes forgot 150 and 157 are same flange spacing, but geesh.....

tin.jpg

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Fuck me! I could go some potato. Outside of hope and their well designed and manufactured products that provide and excellent response to the rapid destandardisation of bike parts, do other hub manufacturers run wider flanges for their 157 or 142 hubs over the more traditional versions? Or is the extra width total bullshit across the universe?

Still now following, so an adaptor goes on the 150 to spread out to 157? Seems silly not to make wider flanges. Same with their 150 7spd, shorter body for cassette but same flange width? Give me more strongnesstisity for my wheels.

Another stupid question, what is following someone on Tapatalk. Do you get an update every time I talk shit on the internet? I'd sign up to get content from me, I'm pretty cool.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Mmmmm...strong rims. You've seen the end caps for the hubs right? They clip in over the bbearings...hope just adjust the diameter and width of these to suit the hub size requited. Though I wouldn't suggest trying to convert 135x10 to 157x12. I'm not sure that would work...

The follow button is right next to the reply button in tappa Talk, I'd suggest your followers have fat thumbs ;)

My thumbs aren't fat, they are buff...

moorey

call me Mia
Fuck me! I could go some potato. Outside of hope and their well designed and manufactured products that provide and excellent response to the rapid destandardisation of bike parts, do other hub manufacturers run wider flanges for their 157 or 142 hubs over the more traditional versions? Or is the extra width total bullshit across the universe?

UNIVERSE

Mmmmm...strong rims. You've seen the end caps for the hubs right? They clip in over the bbearings...hope just adjust the diameter and width of these to suit the hub size requited. Though I wouldn't suggest trying to convert 135x10 to 157x12. I'm not sure that would work...

NO, WONT.

My thumbs aren't fat, they are buff...
GOOD. I'm pleased.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
GOOD. I'm pleased.
I've pleased many people with my buff thumbs.

So now we have established the universal standard shifting stupidity...does anyone offer a wider flanged hub for increased lateral stiffness of rear rims? Hazza really needs to stiffen his up.

moorey

call me Mia
I've pleased many people with my buff thumbs.

So now we have established the universal standard shifting stupidity...does anyone offer a wider flanged hub for increased lateral stiffness of rear rims? Hazza really needs to stiffen his up.
Stupid spesh do a 142+...with 2mm wider flange on stupid flexy 28 spoke rims. Do they even....?

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Wtf is X12?

Is this the end cap I need for my Pro2 Evo hub and XD freehub to fit my 142 x 12 rear end?

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Can't comment on pro 3. With Evo pro 2, the x12 was the adapters to go from 135 to 142x12 and from 150 to 157x12

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
If all these brands are smashing out new standards for rear ends, are the Specialized demos still running a 135mm rear end?

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
All standard (not boost in other words) hope hubs use 1 size spoke, another nod to their commit to universal ease of fitment. Spacing the drive side flange out would require 2x spoke sizes per wheel.

Quick email to Hope to confirm a part number for a drive side hub spacer so I can fit an XD driver. Turns out I can use the one I have as the newer versions have been made cross compatible.