The stupid questions thread.

Z

Zaf

Is there a difference between vegan and non-vegan foods in this matter?
Dryness of the Sahara desert, and density of a collapsed star is usually the main difference between edible and vegan foodstuffs.
Also, where does yeast sit in the "animal products" spectrum? Single cell'ers don't count for purposes of being an animal?

Z

Zaf

You need to look up 'sentient'. Beyond that, no interest in justifying or arguing my choices ;)
Oh shit, that's right, you're vegan!! That was just general vegan bashing from me, not specifically at you.
Oysters are on the menu then!? No central nervous system should make them fair game!

moorey

call me Mia
Oh shit, that's right, you're vegan!! That was just general vegan bashing from me, not specifically at you.
Oysters are on the menu then!? No central nervous system should make them fair game!
I never mentioned central nervous systems, I think you'll find.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I doubt it, seeing most breads are vegan, and I'm talking about biscuits like BBQ shapes and jam fancies that all you flogs also eat.
BBQ shapes are vegan friendly? I don't each much that comes from a packet. Jatz are my indulgence.

Turkish bread seems to be the common option for serving to vegans around here. I don't buy bread often. Living the carb free gluten free ultra pure life style.

moorey

call me Mia
Sentience is if the measure of something to perceive and feel things; a CNS is kind of crucial in that step.
If you look at it anthropocentrically, lots of living creatures lack a complex brain that lets them feel pain/pleasure as we know it. It you think that they can't suffer though, it's probably straying into philosophy.
You're ok with the idea that they can't. I'm not personally ok with the idea that they may.

Reactions: Zaf
Z

Zaf

If you look at it anthropocentrically, lots of living creatures lack a complex brain that lets them feel pain/pleasure as we know it. It you think that they can't suffer though, it's probably straying into philosophy.
You're ok with the idea that they can't. I'm not personally ok with the idea that they may.
Food for thought.

Sent from my Agora 4G Pro using Tapatalk

stirk

Burner
I wonder what happened to the rest of the bike... Normally a striped frame is left for months laying about chained to pole until rusty enough for council to think, yeah it's abandoned we can remove it.

IMG_20171205_201943-667x573.jpg

Minlak

custom titis
I still don't have an answer about the shapes.
BBQ Shapes are vegan Moorey and I discussed this a while ago as they now use an enhancer that can come from plant or animal. So I asked them mainly cause I loved the idea of Moorey scoffing shapes and finding out they were not vegan. Arnott however do not claim any product as vegan according to their reply I got. They did however confirm the enhancer is plant based.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Thanks Minlak. I'm struggling to see them as vegan, even vegetarian! Any chance you asked about the chicken crimpy? If they were vegan that would be awesome!

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
BBQ Shapes are vegan Moorey and I discussed this a while ago as they now use an enhancer that can come from plant or animal. So I asked them mainly cause I loved the idea of Moorey scoffing shapes and finding out they were not vegan. Arnott however do not claim any product as vegan according to their reply I got. They did however confirm the enhancer is plant based.
Plant based like cows and sheep?

Minlak

custom titis
Thanks Minlak. I'm struggling to see them as vegan, even vegetarian! Any chance you asked about the chicken crimpy? If they were vegan that would be awesome!
Chicken Crimpy are not vegan only BBQ Shapes and some weird version of their “lites” range.