The stupid questions thread.

Tubeless

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Can’t opt for ispec b shifter in XT instead?
From what I've read, the XTR is a subtle improvement with feel, but I also don't like the orange indicator screen on the XTs.

Where are you ordering from? An XT M8000 Lever runs approx 65 dollars + a zee caliper for 110. Add in a hose and you're at the same cost as a zee brake. All from CRC of course.
The XT/XTR lever is for my drivetrain. I'll be buying a complete Zee brake from calliper to lever. I would just like them on the same bar mount.

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
From what I've read, the XTR is a subtle improvement with feel, but I also don't like the orange indicator screen on the XTs.

The XT/XTR lever is for my drivetrain. I'll be buying a complete Zee brake from calliper to lever. I would just like them on the same bar mount.
You will have to buy the XT shifter then (the ispec shifters come without the indicator) If you dont want to buy parts to build up zee brakes with alternate levers theres no other option for you.

Tubeless

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ah sorry, I just understood what your above comment meant.
Buy an XT brake lever (+ Zee brakes) to make it work with the shifter.

Funny to think I was more worried about the drivetrain compatibility and not at all about the levers!

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No stress. Buying the XT shifter really will be the easiest option. I doubt very much youll notice the difference between it and XTR, and the aesthetic issue is taken care of with the lack of indicator on the ispec model!

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
My xt shifter came with a blanking plate in the box...... no orange doodads on my bike

Edit: bought from LBS though. CRC might be excess oem stock with no plate?

Edit:edit: it was bar mount also

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
What they said. I think only bar mount had indicator. I run both xt and xtr 11sp. The XTR is slightly crisper....but tbh, if you didn’t tell me which I was using, I couldn’t tell blindfolded.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Why do xtr brakes develop a corrosion 'rash'?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Beaker74

Likes Dirt
First time XD driver cassette user here.

Why does my Hope driver appear to be indexed, when the cassette does not?

Am I missing something?

moorey

call me Mia
6C8FAE8D-6B05-4621-A565-C3CB8718D664.jpeg
First time XD driver cassette user here.

Why does my Hope driver appear to be indexed, when the cassette does not?

Am I missing something?
Are you sure it’s not a hope specified driver instead of an XD on your hope hub?

Edit. I actually haven’t looked at the new hope 11sp cassettes, but if your driver looks like this, and you have a Sram XD cassette, you’re all good.

Last edited:

Flow-Rider

Burner
Are derailleur hangers one of the biggest ripoff parts on a mountain bike, like all that money for a small piece of aluminium with a few holes in it ? SOB!!!

derailleur.jpg

Flow-Rider

Burner
M10 x 1 taps are expensive, skilled artisanal craftsmen are required to operate.

Chase around it for next time? Or online aftermarket hangers?
I can get them out of China for a dollars each but I will be waiting most likely a few months, everything is at a stand still over there till their new year holidays finish. Next bet is from the US or UK but the price of express post is a bit on the high side. My hands are tied.

It’s there to save a potentially $500 derailleur.....
Or $5000 frame.....
The frame only cost me $600, the price of the hanger will most likely be a little less than my XT derailleur.

moorey

call me Mia
I said ‘potentially’.

Most people carry a spare hanger with them....or should. Carrying a derailleur....not so much.