The stupid questions thread.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Couldn't find it anyway. Just like my shock pump - it's disappeared. hmmm

oOh, my post ate the devil
I've ordered 4 hangers from China for the price of postage on other sites. I might be without the bike for a few weeks but I can still ride my other bike.

scblack

Leucocholic
A few years ago I made up a Chinarello carbon framed bike. It was generally an excellent frame, but the hanger was soft as butter. Once replaced, the gears worked perfect. I suppose be careful what quality stuff you're buying.

Flow-Rider

Burner
A few years ago I made up a Chinarello carbon framed bike. It was generally an excellent frame, but the hanger was soft as butter. Once replaced, the gears worked perfect. I suppose be careful what quality stuff you're buying.
I've came across that also but I've used a few of these before.

Tubeless

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is there a cap of some description for the drive side of a Shimano Hollowtech crankset? Seems like it should be partially covered like the left sides dust cap...

Does anyone know of a DIY tool for a bottom bracket tool, or is that something I'm going to have to buy?

Z

Zaf

Is there a cap of some description for the drive side of a Shimano Hollowtech crankset? Seems like it should be partially covered like the left sides dust cap...

Does anyone know of a DIY tool for a bottom bracket tool, or is that something I'm going to have to buy?
Vice wrench!!!
It's $10 tool though, so don't be a hack and just go buy one.
No cap for Driveside Hollowtech, let it breathe.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member

It is a diy wasp nest. Works very well.

Tubeless question

I am trying to fit a Nobby Nic to a WtB asym rim and just can't get the bead to seal. Tried a track pump and co2 after removing the valve core. I'm now trying the inner tube method, got it to 40psi and heard that satisfying low pop sound.

I've pumped it to 50psi and will leave it over nite but I'm worried when I take the tube out I'll be at square one. I don't have a compressor, am I screwed without one ?

Any tips ?

stirk

Burner
Tubeless question

I am trying to fit a Nobby Nic to a WtB asym rim and just can't get the bead to seal. Tried a track pump and co2 after removing the valve core. I'm now trying the inner tube method, got it to 40psi and heard that satisfying low pop sound.

I've pumped it to 50psi and will leave it over nite but I'm worried when I take the tube out I'll be at square one. I don't have a compressor, am I screwed without one ?

Any tips ?
Soft drink bottle 'compressor' could be an option or just bloody buy a compressor already, they are so useful for all kinds of stuff, you can even get little 6litre ones, limited in use but still useful!

https://sydneytools.com.au/lincoln-...iP7V79JCfuGVsLAyPQhjAjIub5QCJBlhoC0BkQAvD_BwE

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Tubeless question

Any tips ?
What rim tape solution are you using?

I have perfect success every time with gaffa tape ripped to the right width. I adjust the number of layers for a good tight fit to the tyre when it's mounted and in the centre of the rim.

If you have one layer and air leaking everywhere, no compressor is big enough. It should be a good tight fit, then a track pump has a chance.

moorey

call me Mia
NN’s can be a bitch, being a bit floppy. Unless you can get a volume in really fast, they are temperamental at times. Maxxis EXO are your friend.