The stupid questions thread.

Oddjob

Eats Squid
Seems like the in thing to talk about lately is bike geometry; namely head tube angle and now seat tube angles. I for one could not tell you any of those measurements on any bike I've ever owned but wondered: Do people ever chuck a giant protractor on their bike and actually measure this stuff or just rely that the info on the brochure is remotely accurate?
I actually just bought a cheap inclinometer off ebay the other day for this exact purpose.

I've got a heap of anglesets and offset bushings to muck around with as well.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Dales Cannon

Adminerotic
Staff member
Lots of guys in the UK drop Duratecs in to replace the Corollas and B series engines. NA 2.3s making 350bhp. And weighing 50 plus kg less.

ashes_mtb

Likes Dirt
How fast are decent e-mtb's uphill?

Good friend of mine that I haven't seen in years is in town and organising a group mtb ride. Turns out I'll be the only one not on an e-mtb. Track has some significant climbs and I'm not in great shape - have a feeling it might be near on pointless me joining in.

Oddjob

Eats Squid

Good friend of mine that I haven't seen in years is in town and organising a group mtb ride. Turns out I'll be the only one not on an e-mtb. Track has some significant climbs and I'm not in great shape - have a feeling it might be near on pointless me joining in.
You will probably get smashed. +250 watts will get you up a hill pretty smartly.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Dales Cannon

Adminerotic
Staff member

Sounds like a job for several pointy sticks.

Flow-Rider

Wheel size expert

Depends on how fast the ebikes are and how fit the other riders are.

Boom King

Wheel size expert