The stupid questions thread.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
How long will crc get away with those low low prices on yeti frames for before yeti geoblock?
They're not that cheap, or won't be by the time they're landed. Old models as well, I reckon I could walk into my LBS and probably get one for that or there abouts if they still had any in stock.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
They're not that cheap, or won't be by the time they're landed. Old models as well, I reckon I could walk into my LBS and probably get one for that or there abouts if they still had any in stock.
Ticket prices were 3-3.5k on the ones I saw. Free delivery + GST already applied...I reckon there be a block on soon. I'm happy to be wrong. I don't even want one. Just thought it was pretty cheap.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
have a question, replacing the damper on sid 2013, the top cap holds on with a sml hex, 1.5 too sml, 2mm too big...any ideas? imperial

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
What magic do I need to perform to get mp3s on a USB to play in correct order ?

Renaming the files 1 to 10 hasn't worked.
Generally speaking - Number the tracks in the id3 tags attached to the file.

NFI how to do it theses days, I still use WinAmp, lol.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
If it's for use in a car stereo, as I suspect, the only thing I've found that seems to work is adding the files to the USB stick one at a time, in order. Which is frickin' tedious, to say the least.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
This is the feature that I typically use in WinAmp (which is old AF now, I'm still using a free version and it's been a paid program for years now...) - I'm sure there is other things that can edit it though. From memory it was quite easy to add the info to files in iTunes too...

In my experience ID3v2 seems to override ID3v1 in most players. Files tagged like this work in my car multimedia unit (and previous aftermarket headunits in prior vehicles), and also in a network drive my Sonos app/speakers read from. I just copy folders of MP3's across to USB and as long as the tags are populated correctly the players just sort themselves into Artist/Album/Track Number. If the track numbers are missing in the ID3 tags it seems to sort by Artist/Album/Track Name (which I loathe).

There is always exceptions though, as some players (generally older ones) will still prioritise track names in stead of reading the tag file data.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Has anyone used maxxis DTH tyres on dirt before? How did they hook up?

Has anyone flown Singapore Air with a snowboarding bag before? Do they care about the length?

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Has anyone used maxxis DTH tyres on dirt before? How did they hook up?

Has anyone flown Singapore Air with a snowboarding bag before? Do they care about the length?
Not as good as table tops but pretty good considering.
Better than my KHE mac2 dirts.

Aesthetically pleasing tyre imo. They’d be nice paired to an ikon up front for more dirty duties.