The stupid questions thread.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
I drop the seat and hang the bike in the jaws so it's resting on the seat rails. I can then tighten the jaws up on the seatpost clamp if I want the bike more secure.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
What time of year to oak trees drop their acorns? I've found plenty of information on different types of oak trees online, but nothing I've read so far will tell me when they drop in Australia (specifically North East Victoria).

Freediver

I can go full Karen
What time of year to oak trees drop their acorns? I've found plenty of information on different types of oak trees online, but nothing I've read so far will tell me when they drop in Australia (specifically North East Victoria).
Should still be falling. Are you after a tree, food or brewing?

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Should still be falling. Are you after a tree, food or brewing?
Food and brewing. Actually, went down the street just after I posted this and found about 20kg of acorns! Drove past a few other trees and there were none on the ground and none on the tree. Perhaps different varieties or microclimates?

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Saw a new model banshee reign today. Is it just me or do they have a strong resemblance to some older style giant bikes?
Yeah I can't unsee it. It's like the old lapierre dh bike and giant came together for a love child. Seems to be getting some people moist though.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Or ride alloy bikes and clamp the frames carefree.

TBH, I’m sure a fat arse on a raised dropper exerts more torsional force than the weight of a bike.

I still never do it.
I've bent one...:( But it was a Giant, does that count??