The stupid questions thread.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
This is going in here as it’s more of a rant and a rhetorical question.

How the fuck do people keep getting their high end bikes stolen from public places ? How fucking dumb are you?

I get:-
Someone broke into my locked car - not your fault
Someone broke into my house - not your fault
But seriously even before we had battery operated tools it was easy to steal a bike why the fuck do you leave them in plain view and walk away and leave it out of your sight?
So you feel the same way about people who drive high end cars?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Not at all - a car is not a target for a casual opportunistic thief - nor it is easily carried away and or put in a get away vehicle
Car theft and bike theft both require premeditation, except for those clowns that just leave their bike unsecured. The law however deals with car theft in a much more serious manner than they do bike theft.

I used to live down the street from 2 chop shops, it's very easy to get rid of a stolen car if the theft is for money. It is even easier to take it for a joy ride and dump it in the bush when you get bored.

I've had a lot of bikes stolen, being that I ride pretty much everywhere and (did) live on a town full of ice addicts. The large majority of those thefts have been from locations and times you wouldn't expect it a thief to hit. Like the entry to Coles at 4pm on a Sunday or a few metres from the entry to the cafe I work in during the day. Or an attempted theft from outside the pizza shop I was playing Buck Hunter in! He was in clear sight! But I was very focussed on not hitting the cows until a young gasser I knew came running in to tell me. The would be thief ran off without his loot as I came out of the shop.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I would pay $200 for them - that’s what I Paid for my other 2 sets - I don’t want them at the moment by the way but think that’s a fair price - and what else you gunna buy for $200 these days.
Thanks - I think I'll put them up for $150 but $200 if a buyer wants a 12 speed chainring I have spare rather than the 11 it currently has.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
My XT m8100 levers have arrived, and I'm going to play musical levers between three bikes.

I'm not shortening the hoses, do I need to replace the olives?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Mrs George has already approved it! Pity I can't get hold of one til next freaking June. And she mentioned some shite about paying the car off first.
Now isn't the time to pay down loans!!! Record low interest rates, lenders forcing people to borrow, and the government underwriting your job!!! Get in deep and good with the loans department and save our economy!!! Spend spend spend. ScoMo will send you a personal thank you card.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
Should I take a link out of the chain? Seems to drop down a gear through the rough downhill sections then changes back up when I get on the gas.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Should I take a link out of the chain? Seems to drop down a gear through the rough downhill sections then changes back up when I get on the gas.

View attachment 368472View attachment 368473
Before you do, check it out in the granny gear at full compression... Sometimes ledgy/steppy stuff in the granny will use more travel than you expect and you don't want to bind the suspension up with the chain.