The stupid questions thread.

Minlak

custom titis
I was wondering if it could be that, but its 1 tooth on 1 cog and the blimit screw has been set using the sram tool. Still recon it could be that?
move it and see - if it isnt or causes other issues move it back - I think it just needs a little flex there to seat properly and it can't as sprocket too close

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
move it and see - if it isnt or causes other issues move it back - I think it just needs a little flex there to seat properly and it can't as sprocket too close
Just tried it. Its not the b limit screw. Backing it out had no effect to the issue and introduced other issues

Last edited:

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy

This is a video of what's happening. It will also explain why I thought it happened at the same spot/turn of the crank

Only happens in that spot.
if you pedal does it click all the time or is it just that part of the chain? If that one part of the chain could be a stiff link, trying moving the part of the chain by hand that clicks and see if it hard or easy to move?

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
if you pedal does it click all the time or is it just that part of the chain? If that one part of the chain could be a stiff link, trying moving the part of the chain by hand that clicks and see if it hard or easy to move?
It occurs in the same spot of the cog. It Isn't relative to the spot on the chain. When I pedal (or spin the cranks by hand while bike is in the stand) it occurs consistently on that tooth. Its like the tooth rather than sitting to the side of the chain hits the edge of the chain, lifting it and the moment the force on the chain is greater it slips away and makes that clunk.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
It occurs in the same spot of the cog. It Isn't relative to the spot on the chain. When I pedal (or spin the cranks by hand while bike is in the stand) it occurs consistently on that tooth. Its like the tooth rather than sitting to the side of the chain hits the edge of the chain, lifting it and the moment the force on the chain is greater it slips away and makes that clunk.
So just the one cog on the cassette or all of the cassette?

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Nah. Not it. Wound in and out, tested at half turns for a full four turns in each direction from normal. Hammer is starting to look good.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
@creaky's on it mate. Use needle-nose pliers to give it a slight tweak. Done.
The ones I've got don't fit between the gears. Tried it this morning.

Though may grab some narrower ones on the weekend and give it a shot before I start pulling the cassette off the bike

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
The ones I've got don't fit between the gears. Tried it this morning.

Though may grab some narrower ones on the weekend and give it a shot before I start pulling the cassette off the bike
5 minutes spent pulling wheel out and separating the offending cog (if possible) might save you 30 minutes of screwing around and a trip the the confessions thread.