The stupid questions thread.

tobbogonist

a registered member
Algorithm experts...what’s going on here?
No one is sponsoring my page, yet....View attachment 372902
Yep its paid for but the page owner, there is different levels of sponsorship. Goes up in distance/spread and amount of people reached. You can target certain subjects/peoples likes, geographical locations etc.
Used it alot during comedy festivals back in the day. Used to offer q free beer to anyone who came to the show after seeing the facebook add to see if it works. Never gave away a beer.

tobbogonist

a registered member
People also used to do it to farm page likes then would sell the facebook account. Not sure if a market still exists there, im out of the loop.

moorey

call me Mia
Yep its paid for but the page owner, there is different levels of sponsorship. Goes up in distance/spread and amount of people reached. You can target certain subjects/peoples likes, geographical locations etc.
Used it alot during comedy festivals back in the day. Used to offer q free beer to anyone who came to the show after seeing the facebook add to see if it works. Never gave away a beer.
But......it's my page.....I'm not paying anything....am I?

tobbogonist

a registered member
But......it's my page.....I'm not paying anything....am I?
Ahh. No idea then.
Actuall, sometimes we where offered free sponsorship for a certain period as like a 'you reached this amount of people with sponsorship would you like to give us money and we will keep doing it'.
Usually we would be notified when it happens though.

moorey

call me Mia
Ahh. No idea then.
Actuall, sometimes we where offered free sponsorship for a certain period as like a 'you reached this amount of people with sponsorship would you like to give us money and we will keep doing it'.
Usually we would be notified when it happens though.
Cool. Haven’t been notified of anything. Page is only a couple of days old, and has a very limited audience. I’m great at not reading fine print, mind.