The stupid questions thread.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Where can I buy a replacement presta converter for the schrader hose end on my compressor? It's got a thread to allow a presta adapter to be screwed in, but I'll be buggered if I know where to find one.

slimjim1

Fat boomers cloggin' ma leaderboard
Why are bottles/bottle cages coming back in a big way? What's wrong with the good old hydro pack? I thought the idea was to get as much weight off the bike as possible?
Packs are horrid!! Hot and restrictive, move about when trying to corner and jump.

Say what you like about Specialized but that is one area where they are ahead of the game, with their SWAT gear. The frame storage and integrated multi-tool and chain breaker. Carry the rest in a SWAT bib or one of those new raceface stash bibs. You can get by without a pack except for the longest epic rides.

I hope more companies cotton on to that stuff.

stirk

Burner
Packs are horrid!! Hot and restrictive, move about when trying to corner and jump.

Say what you like about Specialized but that is one area where they are ahead of the game, with their SWAT gear. The frame storage and integrated multi-tool and chain breaker. Carry the rest in a SWAT bib or one of those new raceface stash bibs. You can get by without a pack except for the longest epic rides.

Are you encouraging another what's in your backpack thread??

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I can't explain but I'm out of Vas. Also the Police have my WD40 as "evidence". Pricks.
Funnily enough I just had me a little run in with the police while walking my dog. Fortunately they were distracted by some genuine rapscallions and i made an escape.

There used to be a fellow on here that swore by a mix of loctite and grease. Ive not tried it myself, so dont know...but maybe you could just use the loctite?

mitchy_

Llama calmer

I love my swat gear... The only downside is it's only on one bike. :lol:
The top cap chain breaker and quick link saved a mates ass the other day.